Business Systems Analyst
Job Title: Business Systems Analyst
Departments: Information Technology Services
Reports To: Director of ITS
- Working with users in various administrative departments to assess, train and assist with the implementation, conversion, customization and most importantly effective use of administrative software solutions.
- Training end users to use and support administrative software solutions.
- Consulting with supervisor, systems analysts, programmers, and end users to gather information about business processes, inputs and outputs.
- Developing recommended business processes based on above consultations with an emphasis on utilizing delivered functionality of administrative software solutions.
- Developing reports and trains end users on developing reports using SAP Business Objects and ODS.
- Providing technical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or questions with administrative software solutions.
- Coordinating with systems analysts, programmers and end users about updates and program revisions.
- Writing and maintaining documentation of changes to business processes, computer code, programs, and specifications.
- Reviewing user and technical documentation written by others to confirm consistency with business processes and program operations.
- Consulting with supervisor, systems analysts, programmers, and end users to gather information about: program intent, functions, features; data requirements, input requirements, and output requirements; internal and external checks and controls; hardware and operating system environment, and interfaces with other systems.
- Creating test transactions and assists in running tests to find errors and confirm updates and/or new programs meet specifications.
- Provide leadership on campus committees as assigned.
- Functional knowledge one of the areas of higher education is a plus; Student Services or Financial Aid or Accounts Receivable operations utilizing Ellucian Colleague ERP / administrative systems.
- Experience in report writing, preferably utilizing SAP Business Objects and/or ODS is beneficial.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Proven project management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks, communicate project status and provide leadership and direction for the implementation process.
- Ability to develop testing plans, and manage the work of departmental resources.
- Working knowledge of relational database reporting tools including SQL, SAP Business Objects, Microsoft Access or others a plus.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, vendors and the public are required.
- Ability to develop and provide training for end users.
- Strong written, oral and organizational skills.
- Ellucian Colleague.
- SAP Business Objects/ODS.
- Experience working with end users to solve problems, provide training, and enhance their ability to use the system.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions.
Please send letter of interest and resume’s to email@example.com.
Eligibility for employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
The only national liberal arts college in Mississippi, Millsaps College has consistently been ranked a "Best Buy" among national liberal arts colleges by U.S. News & World Report's America's Best Colleges and is cited as one of Loren Pope's 40 Colleges That Change Lives. It was the first institution in Mississippi with a Phi Beta Kappa chapter, and is the only institution in Mississippi ever to be listed in The Fiske Guide to Colleges.
Millsaps is a member of the ACS and NITLE, has an AACSB accredited business school, and an NCATE accredited education program. In accordance with Federal law, we are making available our Campus Security Report to all prospective employees. Millsaps is located in Jackson, the capital of the state. The Jackson area has a population of around 400,000 and offers low cost-of-living, excellent schools, pleasant climate, and many recreational opportunities.