A colonial brick structure, the Millsaps English House contains all the faculty offices for the English department, as well as a meeting room and a student lounge that are used for both readings and social gatherings. The house was originally built around 1950 as the President's home, and the fireplace and kitchen built for resident use are still functional today.
Since English is one of the most popular majors on campus, Millsaps offers several language-related extra-curricular activities for interested students. The Stylus, Millsaps' student literary magazine, is published twice a year. Students may submit work for publication in the Stylus to a student publications board. Millsaps also supports a chapter of Sigma Tau Delta, a national English honor society that promotes interest in literature and the English language. In addition, Millsaps students can join the English Club, which is open to students of all disciplines and hosts annual parties, readings, and other literary events.