Fine Arts Requirement for Degree
In addition to completing the requisite Core courses, students must demonstrate proficiency in the fine arts in one of the following ways:
Completing the Heritage curriculum, or completing one four-credit hour class (or two twocredit hour classes) of the following courses:
- IDST topics course with a fine arts focus
- Any Art History or Art Studio course, with the exception of ARTS 2600 and art internships.
- Theatre 1000, 1410/1420 (or 1411/1421, 1412/1422, or 1413/1423 to equal 4 hours credit),1500, 2100, 2300, 2750, 3010, 3020, or 3030
- Music 1002, 2000, 2102, 2122, 2142
Demonstrating significant experience in creating art objects or demonstrating a prescribed level of competence in the performing arts by:
- completing four semesters of private study of voice or an instrument, or completing four semesters of class piano, or
- completing four semester hours in studio art, or
- completing four semester hours in Singers or a music ensemble, or
- completing significant participation in four faculty-directed Theatre Department productions.