Fine Arts Requirement for Degree
In addition to completing the requisite Core courses, students must demonstrate proficiency in the fine arts in one of the following ways:
Completing the Heritage curriculum, or completing one four-credit hour class (or two two-credit hour classes) of the following courses:
- IDST topics course with a fine arts focus
- Any ARTH or ARTS course, with the exception of ARTS 2600 and art internships.
THEA 1000, 1410/1420 (and the corresponding higher levels of
2410/2420, 3410/3420, and 4410/4420 as well as the same courses taken for
different credit hours as 1411/1421, 1412/1422, or 1413/1423 provided that the
student has experiences equal to 4 hours credit), 1500, 2100, 2300, 2750,
3010, 3020, or 3030.
- MUSC 1002, 2000, 2102, 2122, 2142
Demonstrating significant experience in creating art objects or demonstrating a prescribed level of competence in the performing arts by:
- completing four semesters of private study of voice or an instrument, or completing four semesters of class piano, or
- completing four semester hours in studio art, or
- completing four semester hours in Singers or a music ensemble, or
- completing significant participation in four faculty-directed Theatre Department productions.