What Millsaps Students Do After Graduation
- 84% of the Class of 2015 reported that they are prepared for the next step in their careers. 87% of those responding had secured employment and/or candidacy in a graduate school at the time of graduation.
- According to the responses from the Class of 2015, those accepted to graduate or professional school were pursuing degrees in the following fields:
Arts & Humanities – 4%
Business – 46%
Medicine & Health Sciences – 28.5%
Science and Engineering – 4%
Theology, Counseling & Education – 8%
- New graduates are attending medical school and other healthcare programs at Louisiana State University, University of Alabama – Birmingham, University of Arkansas, University of Miami, LSU Health Sciences Center, University of Texas Medical Branch, and University of Mississippi Medical Center.
- The choices for 2015 grads wishing to obtain degrees in teaching, ministry and counseling are Baylor University, Union University, Trinity University, and Union Theological Seminary (NY).
- Those pursuing law school or graduate programs in government and related fields are attending: Loyola University New Orleans, Louisiana State University, Tulane University, Jackson State University, and Samford University.
- For those attending graduate programs in business, 76% chose Millsaps College for the MBA or MAcc program. Other business programs accepting our recently graduate class are Notre Dame, University of Memphis, University of Mississippi, Belmont University, Penn State University, Trinity College – Dublin, and Louisiana State University.
- 2015 grads choosing the arts and humanities route for graduate school are attending University of Colorado – Boulder, Tulane University, and the London School of Economics and Political Science.
- The Class of 2015 has chosen to pursue graduate degrees in science or engineering at University of Alabama –Birmingham and Southeast Missouri State University.
- Geographically speaking, our grads pursued their career in MS (58%), LA (9%), TX (6%), and TN (5%). Other states: NY, MT, GA, FL, CT, CO, and AZ.
- The most common full-time salary offer reported by 2015 graduates, Bachelor and Master levels: $50-59,999.
- Directly after graduation, the Class of 2015 went to work in a variety of fields with titles such as Account Service Rep, Advisory Staff, Resident in Missions, Auditor, Chief of Staff, Community Counselor, Credit Analyst, Data Analyst, Director, Engineer, Enterprise Marketer, Environmental Geologist, Franchise Owner, Head Sales Rep, HR Business Partner, Legal Assistant, Projects Office, Psychometrist, Reliability Engineer, Researcher, Senior Manager, Special Education Teacher, and WIA Supervisor.
- Waste Management, Walt Disney World, Waggoner Engineering, Vista Property, UMMC, UC Boulder Museum, Thomas Dunbar, State of Mississippi, Springboard to Opportunities, Regions, Raytheon, PriorityOne Bank, Pinelake Church, Nissan North America, Modern Woodmen of America, Mississippi Children’s Home Services, Millsaps College, KPMG, Ernst & Young, CSpire, City of Jackson, BankPlus, Americorps, and Allen Engineering & Science are just a few of the employers who hired members of Millsaps College Class of 2015.
For more information, please call 601-974-1346. (Updated January 2016.)