A A A print this page

Part-time Jobs (On-campus)

Majors at work

How do I find on-campus job opportunities?

College Central Network

  • Click on the student icon and then click "Create Account," if you are a new user.
  • You are responsible for creating an access ID and password that you can remember.
  • Once you have completed registration, you will be directed to the main menu.

Which part of College Central's main menu do I use for on-campus jobs?

  • In the upper left of the screen, click "Search for Jobs/Opportunities Posted to My School."
  • Choose "On Campus" as your search criterion. OR, type "Millsaps" for company name. Click "Begin Search."
  • If faculty and staff have posted their jobs, you will be able to view the list.
  • Click the Job ID number to learn more about the job and how to apply.

What if a job requires a student employment application?

Click here for the student employment application. Complete the application process according to the job posting in College Central. Remember, you can add up to six jobs on one application.

I filled out an application. When do I hear about getting hired for a job?

It depends. For example, if you applied during June for a fall semester job, you may not hear about that job until late August. Here's how it works once you send your application:

1) Your application is processed by the Center for Career Education and sent to the appropriate department. 2) You are notified that your application has been sent. 3) The department reviews applications and selects candidates to interview. 4) You should follow up with the department approximately a week after you apply. To find departmental contact information, go to Millsaps Locate and type in the department name.

I qualify for federal aid/federal work study. Does this mean that I automatically get an on-campus job?

No. All jobs on campus are open to students regardless of financial aid status. However, in nearby organizations, there are paid "community service jobs" just for students receiving federal aid. To find out more, visit the Office of Financial Aid in Sanders Hall and ask about "community service jobs." These jobs are also listed on College Central with the prefix: FWSCS.

I have not worked on campus before. Where do I find tax forms?

The Business Office has tax forms. Their office is located in AC 144. Ask for Mandi Calvert.