Project Innovation After-School Program
Federal Work Study Community Service Program
Project Innovation After-School Program Tutor
- Tutor 2nd-5th grade students in the Midtown community (across West Street from Millsaps)
- Be a mentor and role model for children
- Assist with reading across the curriculum (math, science, and language)
- Provide some clerical assistance
Project Innovation (PI) is a child-centered and community-based learning experience through intellectual exploration. PI offers developmental and enrichment experiences for approximately 46 2nd-5th grade youth and their parents in the Midtown community. Located at 301 Adelle Street, Project Innovation is host to a signature aviation component of the STEM curriculum which includes flight theory and simulation experiences. PI also has a reading component that highlights reading fluency and encourages students to become better readers.
- Tutors are expected to be role models for the youth in the program and should comport themselves accordingly.
- Tutors should dress modestly, behave maturely, and use good judgment in interacting with youth and their families.
- Tutors should be reliable in attendance and provide advance notification of any absences.
- Tutors who plan to walk to the site must attend a brief safety orientation.
Monday-Friday, 2:30-5:30 p.m. (Hours are flexible within this range).
Salary $10 per hour