F-1 status is the most common type of status used to study in the United States. F-1
status is for full-time academic and language students who are pursuing a degree or
certificate. If you require a U.S. study visa as a foreign national, you will need
to apply for an I-20 with Millsaps unless you are an ISEP student coming on a J-1
visa or if you have another type of visa that allows you to study in the U.S.
BACK to TOP
Checklist for your VISA Interview
- Passport valid for at least six months into the future.
- Form I-20.
- Completed DS-160 visa application.
- 2X2 photograph - visit the State Department website for specific photo requirements.
- Receipts for payment of SEVIS and visa application fees.
- Financial documents. (You will need to prove to the visa officer that you have enough
money available to pay for at least the first year of your degree program. The visa
officer may also ask you how you intend to pay for the rest of your education and
- Admission letter and copies of all education documents you presented to Millsaps in
order to be admitted.
- Be prepared to explain your degree program at Millsaps, your reasons for wanting to
participate, and any information that helps to establish your nonimmigrant intent.
- Any additional information listed on the consulate’s website.
Note: You can enter the US no earlier than 30 days prior to the program start date
listed on your I-20.
BACK to TOP