(March 27, 2020) Update to Students—Housing Consolidation
Dear Millsaps Students:
In order to better manage the safety and security of the students who remain on campus and to secure the belongings of students who have not checked out of their rooms, we will be taking the following steps:
- We are consolidating all remaining on-campus students into Sanderson Hall.
- We will store items that remain in all other residence hall rooms in a centralized location in the Academic Complex (AC).
The process is outlined below.
For On-Campus Residents:
All current on-campus students will either remain in Sanderson Hall or be reassigned there. Students will be assigned single bedrooms.
- On Monday, March 30, you may pick up boxes in your residence hall lobby to begin packing.
- Your new room assignment will be ready for you to move into based on your current assignment.
- Friday, April 3—Charles, Susanna, and John residents move to Sanderson.
- Monday, April 6—Ezelle and Goodman residents move to Sanderson.
- Tuesday, April 7—Bacot and New South residents move to Sanderson.
- Facilities will provide support for those who need help moving. If you need help, please fill out this form (http://www.millsaps.edu/coronavirus/exceptions.php) and use last form field to indicate that you need help.
- Your move must be completed by the date assigned to you.
For Students Who Have Not Checked Out of their Spring 2020 Assignment:
- Items will be boxed up by Millsaps staff members on Monday, March 30, 2020.
- Facilities will move those boxes into a secure location in the Academic Complex.
- If you have scheduled a move-out date after March 30, your items will be moved to storage in the AC.
- To obtain access to your items, please fill out this form with your anticipated arrival date and time (http://www.millsaps.edu/coronavirus/exceptions.php) and contact Campus Safety at 601-974-1234 upon your arrival to campus.
- You are still allowed to come to campus to check out of your room. If you would like to do so, please fill this form and include your anticipated arrival date and time (http://www.millsaps.edu/coronavirus/exceptions.php).
If you still have your room key, please mail it (and campus box keys if you are not returning for the fall semester) to:
Student Life at Millsaps College
1701 N. State St.
Campus Box 151063
Jackson, MS 39210
If you have questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for understanding as we take these necessary steps in our ongoing response to Coronavirus.
Dean of Students, Chief Diversity Officer & Title IX Coordinator