This building, which was constructed in 1827 and destroyed by a tornado in 1908, replaced a log building that stood on the same spot and served as an unofficial "host church" of the Annual Conference in 1816. Here in 1816 Bishop Robert R. Roberts ordained Thomas Owens and Peter James as deacons and Thomas Nixon, William Winans, and John Shrock as elders, the first ordinations in Mississippi. The present Pine Ridge church was dedicated in 1909 and houses the oldest Presbyterian congregation in Mississippi. The William Foster home, which is near the church is in a state of advanced disrepair. Foster and his wife are buried in the Pine Ridge cemetery.