The Purple & White, the student newspaper of Millsaps College, is written and edited by the students of the college during the academic year. First published in 1909, it was printed continuously until 2014, when it became a digital-only publication. There are some gaps in our collection, primarily between 1915 and 1918, and 1926 to 1929.
The Purple & White newspapers below are part of a digital collection that exhibits the history of the college through student and alumni publications and course catalogs. All material is from the collection of Millsaps-Wilson Library. These works reflect the time of their creation and as such provide historical and cultural information. They may contain content that is no longer representative of the attitudes and policies of Millsaps College. Millsaps College holds the rights to all volumes not in the public domain.
Digitization of The Purple & White was funded by gifts from Dr. Clyde V. Williams, Class of 1959, editor of the newspaper in 1957 and 1958. Millsaps-Wilson Library is making college publications available online in a collaborative project partially funded by LYRASIS, a library cooperative, which is supported in part by a grant from the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, and with additional help from alumni and friends. If you would like to help support this project please contact the Millsaps College Office of Institutional Advancement or the Library.
To search for a name or organization: