A A A print this page

Port Gibson Female Academy

Now known as the Irwin Russell Memorial, the building that was constructed as the Port Gibson Academy, Collegiate Institute and Female College, as it was variously known 1839-1928, serves today as the City Hall and public library, as well as fire department for the city of Port Gibson. Renovated in recent years, the building is a striking facility which stands within a few blocks of the Methodist Church on College Street.