Manager of Donor Relations
Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Development Operations, the Manager
of Donor Relations develops and administers the College’s ongoing stewardship program.
This position is full-time equivalent and may require evening and weekend work.
- Design and implement an annual integrated donor relations program that includes acknowledgment
processes, donor recognition publications and events, reporting on endowed and scholarship
funds, etc. for all donor constituencies.
- Collaborates with the Office of Financial Aid and the Business Office to coordinate
management and ongoing reporting of scholarship funds.
- Initiates and facilitates communications with and reports to donors and recipients
of named scholarship funds.
- Collaborates with the Academic Dean’s office and academic departments to initiate
and facilitate communications with and reports to donors of other endowed funds.
- Maintains documentation of fund purposes and agreements in central filing system (electronic
- Plans and implements donor recognition / donor relations events (i.e. Founders Day
event, Nussbaum Dinner and Lecture Series, Presidents Society events, etc.).
- Works with and pro-actively supports gift officers in execution of stewardship plans.
- Researches and writes or contributes to donor recognition stories for printand online
- Assists with presidential gift acknowledgments.
- Ensure appropriate and quality recognition of donors and maximize impact and effectiveness
of all forms of donor recognition.
- Work with AVP to design and maintain stewardship policies and procedures (i.e. gift
and pledge acceptance policies, donor recognition policies, endowment policy, naming
- Other duties assigned by the Associate Vice President for Development Operations.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Prefer a minimum of five years of experience in development and / or stewardship programs
with a clear understanding of the role of Advancement in the scope of higher education.
Transferable knowledge and skills will be considered.
- Must have excellent writing skills and strong oral communication skills.
- Must have some knowledge and skills related to event planning.
- Must be a strategic and detailed planner with excellent organizational skills and
be capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously, taking initiative, and working
independently, and meeting deadlines.
- Must be a problem-solver capable of asking questions, researching information, and
developing creative and effective solutions for continuously improving the program.
- Must have experience working with volunteers and donors.
- Must have demonstrated ability to effectively build working relationships with internal
and external constituencies.
- Must be highly ethical with ability to maintain confidential information.
- Must be highly efficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, comfortable navigating data bases,
and capable of learning other technology support systems as needed.
Interested and qualified candidates should send cover letter, resume and three references
to Susan Womack, Associate Vice President for Development Operations.
Email email@example.com, and please reference “Manager of Donor Relations” in the subject line.
Or mail to:
ATT: Susan Womack
Campus Box 151191
1701 N. State St.
Jackson, MS 39210
No telephone calls, please.
Millsaps College is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Millsaps College
to offer equal educational and employment opportunities to all persons without discrimination
on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, national origin,
disability, or veteran status. Eligibility for employment is contingent upon successful
completion of a background screening.