Mail services is located on the first floor of the Campbell College Center.
Ruth Stewart, Director
1701 North State Street
Jackson, MS 39210-0001
BACK to TOP
Office Hours and Services
Monday - Friday
10am - 4:30pm
Reduced hours during the summer
United States Postal Service (USPS)
Federal Express (FedEx)
United Parcel Service (UPS)
- USPS delivers mail to Millsaps College once a day on or around 8:30 a.m. and picks
up mail once a day on or around 3:30 p.m.
- USPS, FedEx UPS do not deliver or pick up at Millsaps College on federal holidays
- Millsaps College Post Office is closed when the college offices are closed.
- Mail that needs to be metered must be in the Post Office by 1:00 p.m. to be picked
by 3:30 p.m.
- An overnight piece must be at the office by noon to call the courier for pick up that
Format for Receiving Mail/Packages
Box Number (15----)
1701 N State Street
Jackson MS 39210-0001
BACK to TOP
All departmental mail must have a return address with your name or box number. Mail
pieces that do not provide a return address or specific department or box number can't
be returned to you by the USPS or the Millsaps Post Office. To ensure proper billing,
all Millsaps College mail must list the billing department, office or box number in
the return address. If you want us to bill a department or account other than the
one in the return address, please put a post-it note on your mailing with the account
number and department or contact person.
All campus mail must be in box number order and a return address would be helpful
in case there is a problem with delivery of your mail piece. If the box number is
wrong or the student or faculty member has closed their box, we will put the mail
back in your campus box with a note. We will not forward a campus piece of mail.
We need you to please put the flaps down on mail to be sealed . Separate the mail
for sealing from the already sealed mail. We do not seal flats or the invitation style
envelope,so please be sure they are sealed prior to arriving at the Post Office.
If you would like to do a large mailing of at least 250+, you have several options:
- You can send them first class which will start at $.46 for the first ounce. Please
have the mailing to us by 1:00 p.m. so we can meter the mail before the mail man picks
up the mail at 3:30 p.m.
- You may send it Non-Profit postage or the Indicia Permit # 164. Please see #4 on Policies
and Procedures for the changes to mail at the Non-Profit prices.
- If you use the Permit #164 indicia, it is not considered postage until your mail arrives
at the post office downtown, where it will be mailed using money from the College's
permit account. An Accounts Payable Voucher (PDF) is needed to reimburse this account at the USPS. The form needs to be completely
filled out with your department account number, estimated count, brief description
of the mailing and signature of department head and delivered to the Millsaps Post
Office as soon as possible. The Millsaps Post Office will attach the invoice from
the USPS and deliver to our accounts payable for processing. You cannot use the Non-Profit
permit to solicit funds or mail statements. If you want to mail a single item with
the indicia imprint, you must cover up the indicia so the proper postage can be applied.
BACK to TOP
Prices and Types of Services
- First Class letters: $0.46
- Additional ounce: $0.17
- Post card (4 1/4 X 6 max.3 ½ X 5 min.): $0.33
- Book of 20 stamps: $9.20
- Priority Mail (up to 1 lb., flat rate; to 3 days not guaranteed): $5.60
- Express Mail (Post Office to Addressee Service; up to ½ lb. & flat rate envelope):
$19.95. We will need to verify the zip code to be sure it can be delivered overnight.
Mail is delivered once a day around 8:30am. It will be later on Mondays. Pick-up is
around 3:30pm everyday. We are not open on Saturday.
Outgoing FedEx and UPS need to be in the Millsaps College Post Office before Noon
to be shipped that day. Deliveries from FedEx and UPS are arriving all day long.
Prices subject to change.
BACK to TOP