Student Body Association: Green Initiative
Originally founded in January 2010, The Student Body Association: Green Initiative Committee's role on campus is to represent student interest in sustainability and give these needs a voice in student government and with the administration. It is our goal to be forward thinking about the environmental growth of Millsaps College and to inspire the college to maintain and surpass the environmental example set by other institutions.
Goals for the Fall Semester:
- Write legislation for water filters in the HAC and KAVA
- Increasing 'Green Tips' Signage on Campus
- Write legislation on a Millsaps Partnership with the Midtown Partners Community Garden
- Sponsoring a Campus Clean Up service event
- Purchase a container for Compost in the CAF
- Partnering with E.A.R.T.H. on an Eco-Dinner and a Movie Night
If you have any additional suggestions, contact the co-chairs at either firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com!