The Millsaps Christian Center was originally constructed as a memorial honoring former students and graduates of Millsaps who died in service during World War II. A bronze plaque in the foyer of the building, erected in 1950, lists the names of those who, according to the plaque, "made the supreme sacrifice" for our country.
In addition to this historical distinction, the Christian Center also houses a 1,000 seat auditorium as well as the Fitzhugh Memorial Chapel, where weekly and special memorial services are held. The Millsaps Multi-Faith Initiative and Millsaps Ecumenical Community often reserve the chapel for meetings or special speakers, and other campus ministry groups host services there as well.
The Christian Center is also home to the theatre, religious studies, philosophy, history, and classical studies departments.