Get Ready to Become an Official Millsaps Major!
Millsaps College students are part of a vibrant academic community in a city that supports research, internships and community engaged learning with opportunities to see the world through our international programs. We are ready to welcome you! Call us directly at 601.974.1050 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
We can’t wait to see you on campus!
Millsaps now provides required books and course materials for no additional cost! Learn more about Saps Supplies.
Here are your next steps to help you get set up for life at Millsaps:
- Make Your Deposit: The first step to secure your spot at Millsaps is submitting a $250 deposit, quickly and securely online. This deposit will show as a credit on your account and is refundable until May 1, 2022. Once submitted, it will unlock all of the additional steps below when applicable. If you need help retrieving your Applicant Portal details, contact email@example.com or call 601.974.1050.
- Major Portal and Millsaps Email Account: Access email and Major Portal through the Quicklinks dropdown under “Student” and then “Email” or “Major Portal” on millsaps.edu. Major Portal will be the place you can view your financial aid award and any financial aid required documents. Once you have made your deposit, you will receive further access instructions by email.
- Financial Planning: If you haven’t already, submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in order to receive a full financial aid package. Don’t forget to add our school code: 002414. Our goal is to ensure that Millsaps will be a good financial fit for all four years of your undergraduate experience.
- Housing: Based on your decision to live on or off campus, please complete the appropriate form:
- Summer Orientation and Academic Advising: This summer, we ask that you complete the online orientation course to ensure you are prepared for your Millsaps journey this fall. The course opens on June 1st and can be found at https://millsaps.goorientation.com/. More information and instructions will be sent soon via email to students who have submitted their enrollment deposit. In addition to the online course, we invite all students who have submitted an enrollment deposit to join us on campus for an optional in-person Summer Orientation! During Summer Orientation, you will meet other incoming Millsaps students, learn from your upperclassmen Orientation Leaders, get connected with important campus resources, programs, and services – and HAVE FUN!Please sign up for one of the below sessions. Space is limited, so register today!
Friday, June 24, 2022
Friday, July 15, 2022
Extend your orientation experience by participating in the Challenge program. Challenge is for first-year students who are interested in community service, academics, and career exploration through the theme of sustainability and eco-justice. You may register on the links for the June or July in-person sessions. The Challenge program runs July 15-17. Students who attend the July Orientation will move directly into the Challenge program after their session. There is a registration fee of $30 to participate in Challenge which covers meals and a t-shirt!
Information about advising and class registration will also be sent soon via email to students who have submitted their enrollment deposit.
- Medical Forms and Immunization Records: Review the Immunization Requirements policy for admission. You will submit a completed Health History Form to Nurse Carol Landwirth. It can be faxed to 601.974.1768 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please contact Nurse Landwirth at the email above or call 601.974.1207.
- Don’t Forget to Explore Your New Home! Learn about attending college in a capital city—the city of Jackson, MS. You can also chat with your counselor or a current student, arrange a visit, and explore our academic programs and of course student life! Contact us if we can be of any assistance in getting to know your new home!
Get connected through GroupMe: Want to connect with your next best friends or possible roommates at Millsaps? Sign up for a GroupMe. You will have the opportunity to introduce yourself to other members of your class you’ll soon see in Jackson! The groups will also include current students to answer your questions and talk about their experience as a Major and why they chose to attend Millsaps.