We have an experienced team who will assist you every step of the way!
Millsaps College students are part of a vibrant academic community in a city that supports research, internships and community engaged learning with opportunities to see the world through our international programs. As a transfer student offer a unique perspective that is crucial to those things and the vitality of our campus. We are ready to welcome you!
Here are the next steps to help prepare for life at Millsaps:
- Visit: If you haven’t already visited our beautiful campus, I would highly recommend coming to see us! You can sign up for a personalized visit here, and meet with your admission counselor, take a tour with a current student, and meet professors and advisors who help accelerate your entrance into the Millsaps community.
- Financial Planning: Our goal is to ensure that Millsaps will be a good financial fit for all students who enroll.
- Admitted students will be mailed a financial aid package a few weeks following the offer of admission. That mailing will contain instructions on how to accept aid awards and includes contact information for any financial aid questions.
- In order to be considered for all possible scholarships and financial aid, all students should submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and list Millsaps College using Federal School Code 002414.
- If additional financial information verification is needed, admitted students will be directed to login to their Major Portal account.
- Learn more about the payment plans offered by Millsaps’ Business Office.
- Transferring Credit: To understand how your classes transfer, we will prepare a transfer credit evaluation. This usually takes about two weeks to complete, and it will be emailed directly to you, along with the contact information to your transfer faculty advisor. This will help you understand your timeline at Millsaps and give you a chance to ask questions about the academic program you are interested in at Millsaps. Remember that transfer students are given priority registration. As long as you’re coming from an accredited school, all of your college-level courses should transfer to Millsaps.
- Deposit: If you’ve reviewed your admission letter, your full Financial Aid package, and feel ready to commit to enrolling, the most important step is submitting your deposit! This will ensure we’ve secured your place in the incoming class. Simply log-in to your application status portal and click the payment link. Your $250 deposit will be credited to your Millsaps student account. Incoming Transfer students who have submitted their deposit are given priority registration for classes as soon as registration for the next term is available.
- Submit your Housing Application! Deposited students (step 4, above) must submit a housing application to live in Millsaps’ on-campus residence halls. If you plan on living off campus, you will need to decline student housing.
The Decline Student Housing form can be submitted before you pay your enrollment deposit in order to see an accurate Financial Aid award and estimated direct cost.
- Summer Orientation and Academic Advising: Orientation will be conducted virtually this summer and includes a multi-section course that is required for all new students. Personalized login instructions will be emailed no later than June 1, which is also the opening day of the online course.
- Submit Proof of Immunizations. Review the Immunization Requirements policy for admission. You will submit a completed Health History Form to Nurse Carol Landwirth. It can be faxed to 601.974.1768 or emailed to email@example.com. If you have any questions, please contact Nurse Landwirth at the email above or call 601.974.1207.
- Don’t Forget to Explore Your New Home! Learn about attending college in the vibrant capital city of Jackson, MS.
Contact us if you need anything! Students and parents can also chat with their admissions counselor or a current student, arrange a visit, explore our academic programs, and, of course, learn more about student life! Call us directly at 601.974.1050 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if we can be of any assistance in getting to know your new home!