Dear Millsaps students, faculty and staff,
As communicated to campus on January 7, 2022, the COVID-19 Response Committee has evaluated the college’s current protocols in response to the omicron variant.
The following updated guidelines have been approved by the college’s Executive Staff:
- The college’s current facemask policy remains in force until further notice. Masks must be worn at all times while indoors regardless of vaccination status with the exception of active eating and drinking.
- A limited supply of KN95 and Millsaps cloth masks are available and may be picked up in the Student Life office during normal business hours.
- COVID-19 vaccinations are available on Mondays and Thursdays in the Wesson Health Center during regular clinic hours. COVID-19 boosters are available in the Wesson Health Center during regular clinic hours on Monday, January 31; Thursday, February 3; Monday, February 7 and Thursday, February 10.
- You are eligible for COVID-19 booster if you are at least 18 years old and your second dose of either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine was at least five months ago; or you are at least 18 years old and were vaccinated with the Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) vaccine at least two months ago; and you bring your vaccination card or proof of vaccination with you to the appointment. Students who are 17 years old or younger who received the Pfizer vaccine should only receive the Pfizer booster. Millsaps is offering the Moderna vaccine and booster.
- All students, faculty and staff should update their vaccination and/or booster status by no later than Friday, February 18, 2022. Students should email a photo of their vaccination card to firstname.lastname@example.org; faculty and staff should email a photo of their vaccination card to email@example.com.
- It is recommended, but not required, that non-class college-related meetings and events be held virtually when possible.
- Faculty and staff members are asked to use discretion when dining in the Caf and only do so when capacity levels are low.
The COVID-19 Response Committee will continue to evaluate the necessity of these more stringent guidelines in conjunction with the number of cases on campus and in our region.
Thank you for your understanding and patience with regard to the college’s response to the pandemic.
The COVID-19 Response Committee
/transmitted by OMC/Mitchell
to: Students, Graduate, FacStaff, Faculty-Adjunct