We’re almost to the end of a spring semester that none of us imagined. Congratulations on making it this far. I encourage you to work hard to finish strong. I write today with specific details about the CR/NC options you have for all courses this semester.
Important Information for All Students (as communicated on March 27, 2020)
- As promised, you will get to review your final grades before having to make the choice between accepting those grades or choosing the CR/NC option (see timing and deadlines below).
- You may choose the CR/NC option for any classes, including those taken for graduation and/or major requirements.
- Courses taken CR/NC during spring 2020 will not count against the maximum 8-credit-hour limit towards the 128 credit-hour graduation requirement.
- Courses taken CR/NC will not contribute to your GPA.
- The online form for this choice can be found here, https://www.millsaps.edu/resources/class-change-cr-nc.php
- Please confer with your advisor(s) and with any professional or graduate schools to which you are applying before making this choice. Millsaps has no say in what other schools will accept for requirements.
- Once you choose the CR/NC option, that decision is irrevocable.
- Your grades will be available for you to view on Major Portal by the morning of Thursday May 7.
- You will have until 8 a.m. on Monday, May 11, to choose the CR/NC option for each of your classes.
- Your graduation date will remain as May 9.
All Other Students
- Your grades will be available for you to view on Major Portal by the morning of Saturday, May 9.
- You will have until noon on Wednesday, May 13, to choose the CR/NC option for each of your classes.
For support or questions, please contact
- Dr. Jennifer Lewton Yates, Director of Academic Advising and Student Support, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Kenneth Thompson, Registrar, Ken.Thompson@millsaps.edu
- Your academic advisor(s)
We’re proud of the ways in which you have responded to difficult circumstances and risen to a number of challenges this semester. Good luck finishing out the term.