Dear Millsaps Students,
Happy New Year. We can’t wait to welcome you back for the spring semester. Please see a series of reminders and relevant information.
- Classes will begin remotely on January 14. I’ve asked your instructors to communicate directly with you on how to engage by the end of day on Monday January 11. Syllabi should be up on Course Connect soon thereafter, if not before.
- In person classes resume on Monday January 25.
- The attendance policy has changed for Spring 2021, based on feedback from students and faculty. Please see below.
- In-person class attendance for all class meetings is the expectation for any student not cleared for remote participation for the semester.
- Faculty members should clearly describe their attendance/participation policy in the course syllabus and make accommodations for students who have good reason to participate remotely to do so fully, with full credit.
- In-person students must notify the instructor of their need to miss a class, laboratory or studio session prior to the meeting time and provide a valid reason for why they will be absent.
- Reclassification to remote status for students for quarantine, isolation or any other reason must be approved through email@example.com .
- Regular, engaged participation in all required class activities is also the expectation for students approved for remote participation. Participation in these activities may represent a significant portion of the course grade.
- There will be two Rest Days, February 25 and March 16. There will be no classes, required meetings or assignments due on the Rest Days. Additionally, no exams, quizzes or assignment due-dates on the day immediately following a Rest Day.
- There is a one-week suspension of tests, papers and other assignments that require preparation outside of class during the week of March 15-19. Full class attendance, preparation and participation will be required.
We had a very successful fall semester, with no cases of coronavirus transmission traced to any formal college activities. Please continue to be diligent in observing health and safety protocols and take the opportunity to self-quarantine and limit potential exposure for at least 14 days before returning to campus.
If you have questions about specific classes, please contact your instructor directly. If you have questions about your return to campus, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need to request remote participation in classes, please contact email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you back on campus soon.
Dr. Keith Dunn, Provost