Dear Millsaps students, faculty and staff:
Upon the recommendation of the COVID-19 Response Committee, the college’s Executive Staff is upgrading Millsaps’ COVID-19 protocols for at least the month of January 2022 in response to the rapid spread of the omicron variant.
Updated guidelines during January 2022 include:
- The current face mask policy will be strictly enforced for the month of January. Masks must be worn at all times while indoors regardless of vaccination status with the exception of active eating and drinking.
- Millsaps logo’d masks are available for community members. The pickup location and schedule are indicated in the updated January 2022 student guidelines.
- The college will have a limited supply of KN95 masks available next week for interested students, faculty and staff. Masks may be picked up in the Student Life office during normal business hours.
- All non-class meetings and events should be transitioned to virtual-only whenever possible.
- All faculty and staff must utilize to-go options when dining in the cafeteria to reduce capacity.
- All students, faculty and staff should update their vaccination and/or booster status; students should email a photo of their vaccination card to firstname.lastname@example.org; faculty and staff should email a photo of their vaccination card to email@example.com.
Students may view the complete January 2022 updates by clicking here. The COVID-19 Response Committee will evaluate these more stringent policies at the end of the month and communicate changes or updates as necessary.
In addition, the college is in the process of updating its quarantine and isolation policies for students, faculty and staff in accordance with recent changes made by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). This currently means that if you test positive for COVID, all students, faculty and staff (regardless of vaccination status) must stay home a minimum of five days and may leave isolation only if you have experienced no symptoms or if your symptoms have resolved. Following isolation, you must continue to wear a mask both indoors and outdoors for five additional days. Similar changes have been made for quarantine timelines. Additional guidance from the college will be forthcoming and posted online as soon as possible.
Finally, the college is closely monitoring the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Vaccine or Test Emergency Temporary Standard (ETS) currently before the U.S. Supreme Court. Results of the Supreme Court verdict may impact what is required of faculty, staff and student employees in terms of vaccination/booster status and testing protocols. Next steps following any Supreme Court action will be sent to the campus community as soon as possible.
Thank you for your understanding and patience with regard to the college’s response to the pandemic. Millsaps’ successful approach to COVID-19 requires a high level of individual accountability, and we are thankful for your diligent approach and commitment to the health of our community.
The COVID-19 Response Committee
To: students, facstaff, fac-adjunct, graduate