On March 20, Millsaps College released a statement that the college would deliver remote instructional course content only for the remainder of the 2020 spring semester. As a result, we are providing times for students to check out of the residence halls and fraternity houses over the next three days (March 21–23, 2020).
We recognize that this is very short notice, but the situation with coronavirus is extremely fluid. Please know that all decisions are made with the health and safety of all students, faculty and staff in mind.
Health, Safety, and Security
- If you or someone in your household has tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19) or is displaying symptoms of coronavirus (temperature of greater than 100 and a cough), do not come to campus. If you feel sick, stay at home. We will develop a plan with you regarding checking out of your room later.
- We ask that you make this process as simple and as quick as possible. Arrive to campus, move out, and leave campus.
- Bring the minimal number of people necessary to move out of the residence halls.
- Practice social distancing while you are here. This is not a good time to say goodbye to your friends who may be leaving the same time you are, or to visit significant sites on campus.
Check Out Schedule
Please follow the check out schedule below as closely as possible.
|Saturday, March 21, 2020||Sunday, March 22, 2020|
|CHECK OUT TIME||LAST NAME BEGINS:||CHECK OUT TIME||LAST NAME BEGINS:|
|9:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.||A–G||9:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.||O–Z|
|12:00 p.m.–3:00 p.m.||H–N||12:00 p.m.–3:00 p.m.||A–G|
|3:00 p.m.–6:00 p.m.||O–Z||3:00 p.m.–6:00 p.m.||H–N|
You may also check out on Monday, March 23, 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Fill out this form if you cannot check out at any of the times provided or if you lost your room key and need us to open your room prior to your arrival.
Check Out Procedures
- Remove all items from your room.
- Take trash to large dumpsters, including food from personal refrigerators.
- Take any additional furniture that you brought to campus with you.
- Place your room key (and PO Box key if you are not returning in the fall) in a visible location in your room (on your bed or desk).
- Rooms will be inspected in the coming weeks and damages/lock change charges will be assessed as required.
Please email email@example.com with questions or concerns.