Organizing a Millsaps College Event
If you are organizing an event, please remember the following two steps to ensure you get full support:
1. Secure a date, book a room, and other logistics:
a. Contact the Office of Event Scheduling and Conferences: email@example.com.
b. Take care of your request online or via email: http://www.millsaps.edu/administrative_offices/event_scheduling_request_a_space.php.
c. View the internal (viewable on campus only) Event Scheduling and Conferences calendar: http://mdu.millsaps.edu. (You must login to access.) Easy instructions: http://www.millsaps.edu/administrative_offices/event_scheduling_request_a_space.php
2. Publicize your event to the public:
a. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with the following information to make sure your event is shared on the Public Events Calendar:
- Name of event.
- Date and time.
- Description of event.
- Cost (if any).
- Host/speaker information, including bios or other promotional materials, and a high-resolution photo (if available). Contact Sophie Wolf, firstname.lastname@example.org, with any photography requests.
- Open to the public?
- Contact information for event coordinator, including name, phone number, and email address.
- Departmental sponsor of event (if any).
You may also provide this information online by filling out the Office of Communications and Marketing's Project Request Form: http://www.millsaps.edu/administrative_offices/communications_office_project_request_form.php
b. If you would like to request photography during/related to your event, please contact Sophie Wolf, email@example.com, or complete http://www.millsaps.edu/administrative_offices/communications_office_project_request_form.php.
c. If your event will need additional publicity/promotion (press release, print materials, social media promotion, etc.), please email Nell Floyd, firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete http://www.millsaps.edu/administrative_offices/communications_office_project_request_form.php.
To keep up with the many events on the Millsaps Campus, please find information on the following calendars:
- Public Events Calendar: http://www.millsaps.edu/calendar
This calendar includes Millsaps College events open to the public. It is maintained by Jason Bronson and Lucy Molinaro (email@example.com).
- Academics Calendar: http://www.millsaps.edu/academics/academic_calendars_and_schedules.php
This calendar includes residence hall and college openings, closings and holidays, exam dates, registration dates, and other academic dates and events. It is maintained by the Office of Academic Affairs (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Athletic Events Calendar: http://millsaps.prestosports.com/composite
This calendar lists all events for all Millsaps athletic teams. It is maintained by Dan Griffin (email@example.com).
- Student Activities Calendar: http://www.millsaps.edu/student_life/student_life_campus_activities_calendar.php
This calendar reflects Millsaps College Student Activities, including but not limited to fraternity and sorority events, athletics events, and academic dates pertaining to students. It is maintained by Matt Binion, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Master Calendar: http://www.millsaps.edu/mastercalendar
The Millsaps College Master Calendar includes all public events, campus activities, and the Cafeteria menu. It is maintained by Matt Binion (email@example.com), Jason Bronson, and Lucy Molinaro, (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- MDU, http://mdu.millsaps.edu/
This calendar reflects the scheduling of all spaces on campus for both external and internal groups. It is maintained by Event Scheduling, email@example.com. It can only be accessed on the Millsaps College campus. You must login to access. Easy instructions: http://www.millsaps.edu/administrative_offices/event_scheduling_request_a_space.php