The City of Jackson is still impacted by low and no water pressure. Although the city continues to work to fix the issue, the water pressure on campus remains very low.
As announced yesterday, the college has extended remote classes through next week until at least Friday, February 26. Should students wish to travel home during this time, we ask that they complete the online survey that has been distributed to them as soon as possible to enable the college’s facilities department to plan for the upcoming week.
Drinking water, toiletries, hand sanitizer, baby wipes and snacks are available on campus 24-7 near the student life front desk. Students are reminded to bring a backpack to help transport these items back to residence halls.
Showers are available to all residential Millsaps students and staff at the Flowood YMCA, 690 Liberty Road, Flowood, MS, 29232, during normal operating hours. Bring your Millsaps ID card, your toiletries, a towel and shower shoes. Students who do not have a vehicle and can’t carpool safely with another student should email email@example.com to make travel arrangements.
The Office of Student Life is working on a plan for laundry services for students. We will send updates as they are available.
Students, looking for something fun to do? The Office of Student Life is sponsoring the following activities:
• Monday – Grab-and-Go Paint by Number Kits, 11:00 a.m., Leggett
• Tuesday – “Get Out” movie showing hosted by the Communications Department – 8 p.m., AC 215
• Wednesday – Virtual Escape Room hosted by Neon Entertainment – 7:00 p.m. through 9:00 p.m.
• Thursday – Green Ghost Taco Truck – 5:00 p.m., HAC parking lot
• Friday – Bingo – 7 p.m., McMullan Lecture Hall
In addition, please make note of the following important updates:
• UPDATE! The college cafeteria will be open from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. for brunch/lunch and from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. for dinner. Students will be required to take food out of the cafeteria for consumption.
• UPDATE! The Wesson Student Health Center will operate on the following hours: Monday: 9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Tuesday: 9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Wednesday: 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Thursday: 9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
• Nurse Carol Landwirth is available for consultation at: firstname.lastname@example.org. For counseling needs, please contact email@example.com. Our counseling team will work with students to determine the best way to meet with a counselor (virtually or in-person.)
• Students are reminded to only use first floor restrooms in the residence halls; all other restrooms are closed. Buckets of non-potable water are located in these restrooms to assist in the toilet-flushing process.
• Campus shower and laundry facilities remain closed. Student Life staff will be entering residence hall suites and community bathrooms to ensure plumbing fixtures are turned off.
• All classes, including evening classes, will be held remotely through Friday, February 26. Please communicate directly with your students regarding virtual class details.
• Essential staff and those whose supervisors have deemed it necessary to come to campus for an abbreviated period of time are required to report to campus tomorrow, Monday, February 22. Essential staff should contact supervisors with questions regarding on-campus operations.
• Non-essential staff are to work from home tomorrow, Monday, February 22, unless otherwise instructed by their supervisor.
The college’s emergency management team will continue to monitor the situation and will update the community as details develop. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. In case of an emergency call Campus Safety at 601-974-1234.