The region’s winter storm warning has transitioned to a winter weather advisory in effect until 3:00 p.m. today. However, campus remains severely impacted by the city’s low water pressure.
The college’s emergency management team appreciates the amazing work of our facilities, student life and campus safety teams, and understands how difficult the situation is on our residential students.
Please make note of the following important updates:
- All classes, including evening classes, will be held virtually through next Tuesday, February 23. We are hopeful classes will begin in-person on Wednesday, February 24. Professors will communicate with you directly regarding virtual class instructions.
- Water pressure is still low on campus as a result of freezing temperatures and breaks in the city’s water lines. Students are reminded to only use first floor restrooms in the residence halls; all other restrooms are closed. Buckets of non-potable water are located in these restrooms to assist in the toilet-flushing process.
- Campus shower and laundry facilities are currently closed.
- Because the weather is slowing improving and residential conditions on campus continue to be difficult, students are encouraged to travel home or off campus only if they may safely do so. Please remember to practice social distancing and use hand sanitizer whenever possible.
- For students who are not able to leave campus, Bacot and Sanderson residents can pick up drinking water in the S.A.I.L. Center near the student life front desk today until 2:00 p.m. South Side residents may pick up drinking water from the New South Atrium today until 2:00 p.m. Please bring a backpack to assist in carrying water back to your residence hall room.
- The college cafeteria will be open today Thursday, February 18, until 1:00 p.m. for lunch and from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m for dinner. The cafeteria will be open tomorrow (Friday, February 19) from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. for brunch/lunch and from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. for dinner. Students will be required to take food out of the cafeteria for consumption.
- Need essentials like toothpaste, soap or snacks? Return the request for essentials online form before 4:00 p.m. today, February 18, 2021. Items can be picked up from the student life front desk one hour after the request is made.
- Wesson Health Center staff are working remotely. Call 601-974-1207 if you need assistance and leave a message with your call-back number or email the college nurse at email@example.com.
- All on campus events this weekend have been cancelled, including home athletic events.
- All classes, including evening classes, will be held remotely through Tuesday, February 23. Please communicate directly with your students regarding virtual class details.
- Only essential staff are required to report to campus tomorrow, Friday, February 19. Essential staff are asked to exercise caution when traveling and to contact supervisors with questions regarding on-campus operations.
- All other staff are required to work remotely on Friday, February 19.
The college’s emergency management team will continue to monitor the situation and will update the community as details develop. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. In case of an emergency call Campus Safety at 601-974-1234.