The Assistant Athletic Trainer works alongside the Director of Sports Medicine and Head Athletic Trainer as an essential component in enforcing departmental policies, procedures, and guidelines to promote excellence within the Sports Medicine department.
- Provide day-to-day management of the athletic training room consisting of prevention, evaluation, treatment, case management, and rehabilitation of student-athlete injuries and illnesses
- Maintain complete and accurate medical records including pre-participation paperwork, physicals, insurance information, medical evaluations, referrals, and rehabilitation reports.
- Enforce department policy and procedure with guidance from team physicians regarding concussion and return-to-sport protocols
- Effectively communicate with coaches, sports medicine staff, team physician, and other professionals regarding injured student-athletes and medical policies and procedures, following NATA code of ethics
- Exercise independent judgement and discretion when acting in emergency situations
- Work in conjunction with sports medicine staff to attend practices and game events, traveling with teams as assigned
- Participate in various other areas of interest for the College, Student Life, and Athletics
- Accept additional duties assigned by the Director of Sports Medicine or the Athletics Director
- Bachelor’s Degree from a CAATE accredited institution of higher education (masters preferred)
- BOC Certification
- Mississippi Athletic Trainer License (or eligible to obtain license)
- Active CPR/First Aid Certification
- Previous Experience at a CAATE-Accredited Athletic Training Program
- Experience in collegiate setting preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to promote a positive team environment and cultivate good morale
- Highly organized, creative problem-solver who takes initiative
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds without assistance
- Must have a valid state-issued driver’s license
- Regular and repetitive stooping, bending, lifting and reaching are required
- Manual dexterity needed for demonstrating proper form and technique, participating in team practices and other repetitive tasks
Interested candidates should submit a current resume, a letter of interest and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “Assistant Athletic Trainer” in the subject line of the email.
Millsaps College is a selective institution of higher education located on 100 beautiful acres in the heart of Jackson, the capital of Mississippi — a progressive southern metropolitan city of nearly half a million. Millsaps is dedicated to academic excellence, open inquiry and free expression, the exploration of faith to inform vocation and the innovative shaping of the social, economic and cultural progress of the region. The college was founded in 1890 by members of the Methodist Church and is consistently ranked as one of the best values in higher education.
Millsaps has an enrollment of approximately 750 students and employs 80 full-time faculty members. The faculty/student ratio at Millsaps is 1:9, and the average class size is 14. Millsaps has graduated 25 Fulbright Award recipients, seven Rhodes Scholars, six Goldwater Scholars and two Truman Scholars. Millsaps is a member of the NCAA Division III and Southern Athletic Association and competes in 18 intercollegiate sports.
Millsaps College values diversity within our students, faculty and staff, and strives to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people. Millsaps College does not discriminate in employment on the bases of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and/or local laws.
All offers of employment will be contingent on successful completion of a background check and verification of employment. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Millsaps College provides a competitive benefits package.
It is the policy of Millsaps College to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities for employment. If you require any accommodations to participate in any part of the hiring process, please contact email@example.com.
For additional information about Millsaps College please visit Millsaps.edu