Millsaps College invites applications for an Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach. This position is full time and will serve as an assistant coach for the men’s NCAA Division III intercollegiate basketball program. Job responsibilities include:
- Comprehend the NCAA Division III philosophy emphasizing academics and athletics;
- Recruit and evaluate high school and college athletes within college admissions and NCAA Division III guidelines;
- Provide on-court coaching of athlete skill development;
- Assist in the planning of practice sessions;
- Monitor academic progress by student athletes involving grade reports, study skill development, and counseling;
- Coordinate team travel and logistics, including vehicles, lodging, and meals;
- Assist in scouting opponents;
- Assist with fund-raising programs to augment operations budget;
- Maintain parent and alumnae communication;
- Assist with equipment maintenance;
- Accept additional duties assigned by the Athletics Director and Head Coach.
- Comply with all NCAA Division III, Southern Athletic Association (SAA), and Millsaps College guidelines;
- Accept game-day administration obligations each semester, if necessary;
- Participate in various other areas of interest for the College and Athletics.
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- College coaching experience or playing experience preferred;
- The desire to continue fostering a strong academic and athletic program through creative and educational means.
The Assistant Basketball Coach reports directly to the Head Basketball Coach. This position shares responsibility for the success of the basketball program at Millsaps College. The Assistant Basketball Coach supports the head coach, but also the Department of Athletics at Millsaps College.
To apply please send letter of interest and current resume to Michael Prather—firstname.lastname@example.org.