The Assistant Men’s Soccer Coach reports directly to the Head Men’s Soccer Coach. This position shares responsibility for the success of the Athletics programs at Millsaps College. The Assistant Men’s Soccer Coach supports the soccer program and also the Department of Athletics at Millsaps College.
Compensation for this position includes a stipend plus on campus housing and meals.
- Comprehend the NCAA Division III philosophy emphasizing academic, athletics;
- Recruit and evaluate high school and college athletes within college admissions and NCAA Division III guidelines;
- Assist with videotape/information exchanges with conference & non-conference opponents;
- Provide on field coaching and athlete skill development;
- Assist in the planning of practice sessions;
- Monitor academic progress by student athletes involving grade reports, study skill development, and counseling;
- Assist with the coordination of team travel and logistics, including vehicles, lodging and meals;
- Assist in scouting opponents;
- Assist with fund-raising programs to augment operations budget;
- Maintain parent and alumnae communication;
- Accept additional duties assigned by the Athletics Director.
- Comply with all NCAA Division III, Southern Athletic Association (SAA), and Millsaps College guidelines;
- Accept game-day administrator obligations each semester, if necessary;
- Organize community service activities for team members and coaches;
- Participate in various other areas of interest for the College and Athletics.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- College recruiting experience.
- College coaching experience.
- Eligibility for employment is contingent upon successful completion of background screening.
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds without assistance
- Must have a valid state-issued driver’s license
- Regular and repetitive stooping, bending, lifting and reaching are required
- Manual dexterity needed for demonstrating proper form and technique, participating in team practices and other repetitive tasks
Interested candidates should submit a current resume, a letter of interest and three professional references to email@example.com. Please write “Assistant Soccer Coach” in the subject line of the email.
Millsaps College is a selective institution of higher education located on 100 beautiful acres in the heart of Jackson, the capital of Mississippi — a progressive southern metropolitan city of nearly half a million. Millsaps is dedicated to academic excellence, open inquiry and free expression, the exploration of faith to inform vocation and the innovative shaping of the social, economic and cultural progress of the region. The college was founded in 1890 by members of the Methodist Church and is consistently ranked as one of the best values in higher education.
Millsaps has an enrollment of approximately 750 students and employs 80 full-time faculty members. The faculty/student ratio at Millsaps is 1:9, and the average class size is 14. Millsaps has graduated 25 Fulbright Award recipients, seven Rhodes Scholars, six Goldwater Scholars and two Truman Scholars. Millsaps is a member of the NCAA Division III and Southern Athletic Association and competes in 18 intercollegiate sports.
Millsaps College values diversity within our students, faculty and staff, and strives to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people. Millsaps College does not discriminate in employment on the bases of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and/or local laws.
All offers of employment will be contingent on successful completion of a background check and verification of employment. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Millsaps College provides a competitive benefits package.
It is the policy of Millsaps College to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities for employment. If you require any accommodations to participate in any part of the hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information about Millsaps College please visit Millsaps.edu