The Associate Director of Student Engagement is responsible for student engagement programs, activities and services. This position has direct oversight over Fraternity and Sorority Life, Student Activities and Organizations and New Student Orientation. Student Life at Millsaps College focuses on student success through implementing innovative programs and services that promote co-curricular engagement and student success. The successful candidate will be highly collaborative but will also have the skills needed to make decisions independently; has skills in assessment and evaluation; understands college student development; and will help to advance develop and maintain a dynamic campus experience for a diverse student population.
Fraternity & Sorority Life
- Oversees the operation and advisement of the National Panhellenic Council, Interfraternity Council and National Pan-Hellenic Council organizations, including supporting membership recruitment and intake processes.
- Maintain effective relationships with chapter officers, advisors, housing corporation officers, regional advisors and national consultants for each organization.
- Advise student leaders on the development and implementation of programs, policies/procedures, risk management, leadership development, and organization management.
- Oversee investigations and resolutions of individual and group FSL policy violations.
- Generate reports as needed and requested.
Student Activities & Organizations
- Coordinate, plan and execute a comprehensive schedule of student programming and events.
- Manages the student organization event registration process.
- Provide leadership experiences for student-led organizations, setting the overall tone for expectations and training for success.
- Responsible for the student organization registration process.
- Serves as advisor to student organizations as needed.
New Student Orientation
- Organize new student orientation programs for incoming students and families, including in person events and the online orientation module.
- Recruit, select, train and supervise student orientation Leaders.
- Coordinate, plan and execute all Welcome Weekend activities.
Student Development and Related Duties
- Serve as a Student Life Emergency On Call Manager.
- Adjudicate student behavioral cases as needed.
- Serve as a visible and accessible resource for students.
- Maintains knowledge and education in areas of diversity, inclusion, equity access and belonging.
- Effectively uses Colleague/Datatel, Microsoft Office and other software to perform administrative functions of the position.
- Ability to work during evenings and weekends.
- Promote an environment that supports the academic mission of the College and the mission of Student Life.
- Attends and participates in campus meetings necessary for the successful completion of job responsibilities.
- Under the Clery Act, Student Life professional staff are considered Campus Security Authorities and as such are required by law to report crimes to the on-call system and to Millsaps Campus Safety immediately upon learning of them.
- Under Title IX, Millsaps staff are responsible employees and must report all college-related incidents of sexual harassment and assault to the Title IX Coordinator.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities appropriate to the mission of the College and Student Life.
- Master’s degree, preferably in Higher Education Administration, College Student Affairs, Guidance and Counseling or a related field
- At least 2 years of graduate or professional experience in student affairs/student development work
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, creative problem-solver who takes initiative
- Able to work in team environments and individually
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Manual dexterity needed for keyboarding and other repetitive tasks.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 15 pounds without assistance.
Interested candidates should email a copy of their resume and a letter of interest to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Millsaps College is a selective institution of higher education located on 100 beautiful acres in the heart of Jackson, the capital of Mississippi — a progressive southern metropolitan city of nearly half a million. Millsaps is dedicated to academic excellence, open inquiry and free expression, the exploration of faith to inform vocation and the innovative shaping of the social, economic and cultural progress of the region. The college was founded in 1890 by members of the Methodist Church and is consistently ranked as one of the best values in higher education.
Millsaps has an enrollment of approximately 750 students and employs 80 full-time faculty members. The faculty/student ratio at Millsaps is 1:9, and the average class size is 14. Millsaps has graduated 25 Fulbright Award recipients, seven Rhodes Scholars, six Goldwater Scholars and two Truman Scholars. Millsaps is a member of the NCAA Division III and Southern Athletic Association and competes in 18 intercollegiate sports.
Millsaps College values diversity within our students, faculty and staff, and strives to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people. Millsaps College does not discriminate in employment on the bases of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and/or local laws.
All offers of employment will be contingent on successful completion of a background check and verification of employment. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Millsaps College provides a competitive benefits package.
It is the policy of Millsaps College to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities for employment. If you require any accommodations to participate in any part of the hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information about Millsaps College please visit Millsaps.edu