The Business Systems Analyst supports the college’s enterprise resource planning (ERP) system and ancillary administrative systems. Activities include developing integrated reporting and analytics, import/export query management, presentation of source data through reports and dashboards, data integrity and needs analysis, and strategic partnerships, particularly with Institutional Research, supporting data governance, operational needs, and external reporting.
This position works on-site in Jackson, MS. Regular work hours are from 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. Evening and night hours and occasional weekend work will be required.
- Responsible for the administration of the ERP system and integrated applications. Responsibilities include but are not limited to system configuration, installation of software upgrades, data refresh clones of supported environments, debugging/testing all implementations, provisioning/maintaining end user accounts and security roles, etc.
- Supports the ERP transactional/operational database as well as the analytical databases (data warehouse), applications, and functions associated with the ERP system, including technical maintenance and upgrades, module installation, as well as being responsible for research and resolution of the day-to-day operating issues that affect processing services
- Provides technical advice and support to end users, including troubleshooting issues, creating data extracts, reports, data analysis, and business intelligence dashboards
- Performs systems analysis and design work for functional end users
- Performs data extractions and develops integrations to other systems as required
- Assists other members of the Information Technology Services staff with design, program logic, instruction, and database structure
- Debugs programs by preparing test data and evaluating computer output for valid results, satisfying end-user requests
- Coordinates with the Director of Information Technology on protocols and security to connect the ERP system to the infrastructure
- Assists with maintaining and monitoring database systems performance by creating, debugging, and testing various database types, including SQL Server and Unidata
- Maintains, creates, debugs, and tests flat-file exchange and data extraction in an Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) environment.
- Works with third-party vendors to implement and maintain custom database integrations
- Supports the duties of the Instructional Technologist as they pertain to the Learning Management System (LMS) and the integration with the ERP system
- Other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or 5 years of related experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in designing or implementing major software systems.
- Extensive relational database system design knowledge and enterprise-level experience with multiple project management.
- Project management skills.
- Experience in higher education and/or Ellucian Colleague software suite is preferred.
- Experience with, or knowledge of, accessible web and mobile development and technology security issues is preferred.
- Experience with MS SQL queries, SAP Business Objects report writing and/or comparable software is preferred.
- Knowledge of
- Database structures (SQL Server, Oracle, Unidata, MySQL)
- Relational database concepts, tools, and techniques, including the use of Structured Query Language (SQL) and Open Database Connectivity (ODBC)
- Data warehouse dimensional design using a star schema or similar approach
- ETL processes such as SQL Server Integration Services
- Various computer programming languages
- Interpersonal skills requiring extraordinary courtesy and tact are necessary to communicate effectively with users and vendors in person and on the telephone.
- Analytical skills necessary to understand and develop solutions to problems and organize workload according to established priorities.
- Able to lift and carry up to 15 pounds without assistance.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Occasional stooping, bending, lifting and reaching are required.
- Manual dexterity needed for keyboarding and other repetitive tasks.
Interested candidates should email a copy of their resume and a letter of interest to ITS@millsaps.edu. No phone calls please.
Millsaps College is a selective institution of higher education located on 100 beautiful acres in the heart of Jackson, the capital of Mississippi — a progressive southern metropolitan city of nearly half a million. Millsaps is dedicated to academic excellence, open inquiry and free expression, the exploration of faith to inform vocation and the innovative shaping of the social, economic and cultural progress of the region. The college was founded in 1890 by members of the Methodist Church and is consistently ranked as one of the best values in higher education.
Millsaps has an enrollment of approximately 600 students and employs 80 full-time faculty members. The faculty/student ratio at Millsaps is 1:9, and the average class size is 14. Millsaps has graduated 25 Fulbright Award recipients, seven Rhodes Scholars, six Goldwater Scholars and two Truman Scholars. Millsaps is a member of the NCAA Division III and Southern Athletic Association and competes in 18 intercollegiate sports.
Millsaps College values diversity within our students, faculty and staff, and strives to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people. Millsaps College does not discriminate in employment on the bases of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and/or local laws.
All offers of employment will be contingent on successful completion of a background check and verification of employment. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Millsaps College provides a competitive benefits package.
It is the policy of Millsaps College to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities for employment. If you require any accommodations to participate in any part of the hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information about Millsaps College please visit Millsaps.edu