The Electronic Communication Specialist, reporting to the Assistant Vice President of Enrollment, supports all aspects of the electronic communications process for the Millsaps Admissions Undergraduate Office. The major area of responsibility includes maintaining and creating all aspects of the communication workflow using Slate CRM Software. Equally important is the reporting and data analytics that must be reported quickly and efficiently.
- Manage face-to-face communication, workflow coordination, creation of templates and forms, validation, and distribution of electronic communication for our freshman, transfer, international, and graduate prospects, inquiries, and applicants.
- Create, manage, and maintain all electronic and hard copy communications as needed.
- Review and approve all mailings requested from other Slate users to ensure Millsaps College is being represented professionally.
- Configuration, testing, mapping, and maintenance of all data imported into Slate CRM and all exports into Datatel, including application and inquiry data, test scores, transcripts, and other documents submitted as part of the application process.
- Maintaining and monitoring user access for Slate CRM.
- Manage upgrades, handle critical user issues, and ensure high performance of Slate CRM software.
- Facilitate training efforts individually and/or group sessions on the database and device functionality for immediate team members and other College staff.
- Lead the creation and design of reports and dashboard configurations from CRM data, according to appropriate roles and user need.
- Identify and recommend best-practice security standards for workflow and data exchange.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred or demonstrated experience.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and adapt to varying technological environments.
- Ability to participate in professional face-to-face, written, and virtual communication and training with department administrators, staff, other personnel, hardware/software vendors, technical support staff, and the college community in general.
- Able to assist in determining technical problems in person or over the phone and use independent judgment and professional principles to create a best-fit solution.
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral, and technological), able to work in team environments and individually.
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, creative problem-solver who takes initiative.
- A minimum of two years of successful experience with database management or report writing.
- Experience assisting in designing and maintaining software deployments and implementations.
Applicants should submit a current resume and a letter of interest. Application materials should be submitted via email to Tammy Champion, Assistant Vice President, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “Electronic Communication Specialist” in the subject line of the email.
Millsaps College is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Millsaps College to offer equal educational and employment opportunities to all persons without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Eligibility for employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background screening.