The Enrollment Operations Analyst position supports all aspects of the electronic communications process for the Millsaps Admission Office. The major area of responsibility includes maintaining and creating all aspects of the communication workflow using Slate CRM Software. Equally important is the reporting and data analytics that must be reported quickly and efficiently.
- Manage face-to face communication, workflow coordination, creation of templates and forms, validation and distribution of electronic communication for our freshman, transfer, and international prospects, inquiries and applicants.
- Create, manage and maintain all electronic and hard copy communications as needed.
- Review and approve all mailings requested from other Slate users to ensure Millsaps College is being represented professionally.
- Maintenance and data clean-up of all prospect and inquiry data imported into Slate CRM.
- Maintaining and monitoring user access for Slate CRM.
- Facilitate training efforts individually and/or group sessions on database and device functionality for immediate team members and other College staff.
- Identify and recommend best practice security standards for workflow and data exchange.
- Lead for creating hard copy paid files and coordinate with the Associate Director of Enrollment Services.
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining sufficient office/coffee bar supplies.
- Assists with creating AP Vouchers for department and assist with monitoring the department budget for the Assistant Vice President of Enrollment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a relevant field or an equivalent mix of education and experience.
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral and technological), able to work in team environments and individually.
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, creative problem-solver who takes initiative.
- Ability to participate in professional face-to-face, written, and virtual communication and training with department administrators, staff, other personnel, hardware/software vendors, technical support staff, and the college community in general.
- Superb time management skills and able to coordinate multiple projects at the same time.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and adapt to varying technological environments.
- Able to assist in determining technical problems in person or over the phone and use independent judgment and professional principles to create a best-fit solution.
- Experience assisting in designing and maintaining software deployments and implementations.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Manual dexterity needed for keyboarding and other repetitive tasks.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 15 pounds at times.
Interested candidates should email a letter of interest and a copy of their resume to Tammy.Champion@millsaps.edu. No phone calls please.
About Millsaps College
Millsaps College is a selective institution of higher education located on 100 beautiful acres in the heart of Jackson, the capital of Mississippi — a progressive southern metropolitan city of nearly half a million. Millsaps is dedicated to academic excellence, open inquiry and free expression, the exploration of faith to inform vocation and the innovative shaping of the social, economic and cultural progress of the region. The college was founded in 1890 by members of the Methodist Church and is consistently ranked as one of the best values in higher education.
Millsaps has an enrollment of approximately 750 students and employs 80 full-time faculty members. The faculty/student ratio at Millsaps is 1:9, and the average class size is 14. Millsaps has graduated 25 Fulbright Award recipients, seven Rhodes Scholars, six Goldwater Scholars and two Truman Scholars. Millsaps is a member of the NCAA Division III and Southern Athletic Association and competes in 18 intercollegiate sports.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Millsaps College values diversity within our students, faculty and staff, and strives to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people. Millsaps College does not discriminate in employment on the bases of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and/or local laws.
All offers of employment will be contingent on successful completion of a background check and verification of employment. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Millsaps College provides a competitive benefits package.
It is the policy of Millsaps College to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities for employment. If you require any accommodations to participate in any part of the hiring process, please contact email@example.com.
For additional information please visit the following pages on our website: