Under the general direction of the Director of Financial Aid, the Financial Aid Office Coordinator provides administrative, technical, and advising support for the financial aid staff, students, and parents.
- Oversees the receipt of State of Mississippi student grants and financial aid funding throughout the academic year, with two annual reconciliation submissions to the state
- Oversees all application and communication flow for financial aid documents and financial aid award letter processing
- Prepares and monitors Financial Aid exit counseling packages and communications
- Oversees Federal Workstudy Community Service employment process following college hiring practices. Secures and maintains relationships with participating agencies, works collaboratively with agency to assign workers and monitor and approve work time
- Maintains and updates federal ISIR Guide & Comment Codes
- Monitors Financial Aid Self-Service Module throughout the year for maintenance and updates
- Serves as the front line of communication and advising to students/families through phone, departmental email account, fax, and in person
- Orders office supplies and maintains supply of financial aid applications, brochures and forms.
- Maintains student files (current and inactive), following established file document order and file retention policy
- Processes monthly department credit card statement and other payment requests for submission to the Business Office
- Tracks all budgetary spending for the department
- Enters requests for department servicing needs from maintenance and housekeeping
- Oversees the outside aid check process for delivery between Financial Aid and the Business Office
- Prepares files for annual audit review
- Annual review and update of department forms and letters
- Review the Financial Aid webpage information throughout the year for accuracy and updates
- Actively participates in special projects and innovative development of office processes
- Serves as quality assurance for submitted electronic documents
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Computer proficiency a must, i.e. Windows applications, MS Excel, and Word.
- Must demonstrate attention to detail, working with a high degree of accuracy, strong organizational skills, strong record keeping skills, and the ability to articulate and disseminate complex information to multiple audiences.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills a must.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- The ability to multitask with a high level of efficiency and adjust to varying assignments and workloads a plus.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and self-initiate general responsibilities, but also work in a team environment.
- Experience in a financial aid office or a higher education setting
- Knowledge of Federal Title IV and state financial aid requirements
- Familiarity with needs analysis methodology, application and verification process
- Knowledge of financial aid software and tools, including NSLDS
- Experience with integrated student information systems (Datatel/Colleague)
Applicants should submit a current resume, a letter of interest, and three references who may be contacted about the candidate’s experience and past performance. Application materials should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “Financial Aid Office Coordinator” in the subject line of the email.
Millsaps College is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Millsaps College to offer equal educational and employment opportunities to all persons without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Eligibility for employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.