Reporting to the Associate Dean for Data and Records, the Institutional Research (IR) Analyst supports the College by ensuring quality data and by collecting, extracting, analyzing, reporting, interpreting, and distributing pertinent institutional data and information about Millsaps to internal and external entities. The IR Analyst works with students, faculty, staff, and others in an accessible and friendly manner, exhibiting integrity, confidentiality, consistently responsiveness, reliability, and general knowledge of academic policies and the College as a whole.
- Collects, analyses, and reports relevant internal/external data, including financial, enrollment, performance, retention, and completion data.
- Creates institutional reports, such as enrollment, retention, graduation, and the College’s fact book.
- Responds to requests from the Millsaps community for information as deemed necessary by the College.
- Works with relevant departments to provide accurate data in a timely fashion to external agencies and organizations, such as IPEDS, Common Data Set, U.S. News & World Report, etc.
- Tracks institutional performance against a wide range of benchmarks.
- Conducts analyses to support college planning, enrollment management, program review and assessment, summarizing interpretations from data and presenting findings in a coherent, comprehensive format.
- Assists in accreditation efforts through data analysis, including editing/writing responses, and project planning for Southern Association for Colleges and Schools (SACSCOC).
- Supports the Office of Records as assigned by the Associate Dean for Data and Records.
- Completes other duties as assigned by the Associate Dean for Data and Records.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the college
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent work ethic and detail-oriented work practices
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Collaborative and collegial attitude
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn the College’s information system, Colleague
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical field, such as mathematics, educational research, statistics, psychology, computer science, accounting, or related field that has an emphasis on information management, research methodology, applied statistics, and/or computer science
- Experience in creating data queries to gather data. Experience with SQL and/or SAP Business Objects a plus
- Previous experience in institutional research is an advantage
Applicants should submit a current resume, a letter of interest and three references who may be contacted about the candidate’s experience and past performance. Materials should be submitted via email to IR@millsaps.edu. Please write “IR Analyst” in the subject line of the email.
Millsaps College values diversity within our students, faculty and staff, and strives to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people. Millsaps College does not discriminate in employment on the bases of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and/or local laws.
A background check will be conducted for finalist candidates. Employment is contingent upon completion of a successful background check and establishment of identity and verification of employment eligibility as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Millsaps College provides a competitive benefits package.
It is the policy of Millsaps College to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities for employment. If you require any accommodations to participate in any part of the hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Compliance with Title IX
In compliance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Millsaps College does not discriminate against any employee, applicant for employment, student or applicant for admission on the basis of sex. Policies and procedures for addressing complaints of discrimination and harassment can be found at https://www.millsaps.edu/resources/title-ix. Reports can be made to the Title IX Team by filing a sexual misconduct or Title IX complaint at this link: https://www.millsaps.edu/resources/title-ix/#file-complaint. Inquiries related to the application of Title IX at Millsaps should be referred to the college’s Title IX team (contact information is found here: https://www.millsaps.edu/resources/title-ix/#coordinators) and external inquires can be made to the Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights (OCR), U.S. Department of Education 400 Maryland Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20202-1100 (800) 421-3481, http://www.ed.gov/ocr.
About Millsaps College
Millsaps is an accredited, privately supported, national liberal arts college founded by members of the Methodist Church in 1890. Consistently ranked as one of the best values in higher education, Millsaps has been praised by Colleges That Change Lives, The Princeton Review, Kiplinger’s Personal Finance Magazine, the John Templeton Foundation, The Fiske Guide to Colleges and Insight Magazine.
Millsaps College’s Vision
Building on its motto, Ad Excellentiam, its strong heritage of social justice, freedom of thought and reflection on life’s most important questions, and its central location in the capital city of Mississippi, Millsaps engages students in a transformative learning and leadership experience that results in personal and intellectual growth, commitment to good citizenship in our global society and a desire to succeed and make a difference in every community they touch.
Millsaps College’s Mission
Millsaps College is dedicated to academic excellence, open inquiry and free expression, the exploration of faith to inform vocation and the innovative shaping of the social, economic and cultural progress of our region.