The Manager of Admission Operations is responsible for the day-to-day operations and reporting for all aspects of the undergraduate admission process. This position is primarily responsible for overseeing the workflow for completing application and admission documents and preparing the system for upcoming cycles. The Manager will provide day-to-day oversight of student workers to correct data errors and execute the admission process in a timely and efficient manner. Additionally, this position will partner with the Director to continuously improve data integrity and the configuration and administration of the CRM system (Slate). This position reports to the Director of Enrollment.
- Oversee the workflow of admission and enrollment data in the CRM system (Slate), preparing the system for each upcoming cycle and ensuring an efficient and accurate data export to our Student Information System (Colleague)
- Coordinating receipt of all applications and materials arriving through various channels and platforms. Ensuring that files are complete and that the information received is standardized and accurate.
- Ensure data is received and processed in a timely manner and in a way that helps the college achieve its enrollment objectives.
- Assist the Director in configuring, testing and maintaining all data the is imported into and out of the Slate system.
- Facilitate student record creation in Slate and Colleague as needed.
- Provide weekly error reports and correct errors as necessary.
- Lead for end of cycle processing which includes the creation of hard copy files for the Records Office.
- Prepare admission reports and surveys as directed, ensuring data is accurate and useful.
- Supervise student employees, which includes disseminating any work related to scanning/indexing and data input into Slate.
- Recommend and implement process improvements.
- Other duties as assigned by the Vice President or Director of Enrollment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or a related field or an equivalent mix of education and experience
- Previous experience with CRM and/or Admission Student systems, experience with Slate preferred.
- Understanding the higher education admission cycle
- Three or more years of progressively responsible experience in admission, higher education, or related field preferred.
- Demonstrated technical experience and the ability to quickly learn new technologies and adapt to varying technological environments.
- Able to assist in determining technical problems in person or over the phone and use independent judgment and professional principles to create a best-fit solution.
- Proven success coordinating and managing multiple projects.
- Excellent communication skills, able to work in team environments and individually.
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, think creatively, solve problems and take initiative.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Manual dexterity needed for keyboarding and other repetitive tasks.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 15 pounds without assistance.
Interested candidates should submit a current resume, a letter of interest and three professional references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Manager of Admission Operations” in the subject line of the email. No phone calls please.
Millsaps College is a selective institution of higher education located on 100 beautiful acres in the heart of Jackson, the capital of Mississippi — a progressive southern metropolitan city of nearly half a million. Millsaps is dedicated to academic excellence, open inquiry and free expression, the exploration of faith to inform vocation and the innovative shaping of the social, economic and cultural progress of the region. The college was founded in 1890 by members of the Methodist Church and is consistently ranked as one of the best values in higher education.
Millsaps has an enrollment of approximately 750 students and employs 80 full-time faculty members. The faculty/student ratio at Millsaps is 1:9, and the average class size is 14. Millsaps has graduated 25 Fulbright Award recipients, seven Rhodes Scholars, six Goldwater Scholars and two Truman Scholars. Millsaps is a member of the NCAA Division III and Southern Athletic Association and competes in 18 intercollegiate sports.
Millsaps College values diversity within our students, faculty and staff, and strives to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people. Millsaps College does not discriminate in employment on the bases of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and/or local laws.
All offers of employment will be contingent on successful completion of a background check and verification of employment. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Millsaps College provides a competitive benefits package.
It is the policy of Millsaps College to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities for employment. If you require any accommodations to participate in any part of the hiring process, please contact email@example.com.
For additional information about Millsaps College please visit Millsaps.edu