Reporting to the Director for Data and Records, the Research & Records Analyst supports the College by ensuring quality data and by collecting, extracting, analyzing, reporting, interpreting, and distributing pertinent institutional data and information about Millsaps to internal and external entities. The Analyst works with students, faculty, staff, and others in an accessible and friendly manner, exhibiting integrity, confidentiality, consistently responsiveness, reliability, and general knowledge of academic policies and the College as a whole.
- Collects, analyses, and reports relevant internal/external data, including financial, enrollment, performance, retention, and completion data.
- Creates institutional reports, such as enrollment, retention, graduation, and the College’s fact book.
- Responds to requests from the Millsaps community for information as deemed necessary by the College.
- Works with relevant departments to provide accurate data in a timely fashion to external agencies and organizations, such as IPEDS, Common Data Set, U.S. News & World Report, etc.
- Tracks institutional performance against a wide range of benchmarks.
- Conducts analyses to support college planning, enrollment management, program review and assessment, summarizing interpretations from data and presenting findings in a coherent, comprehensive format.
- Assists in accreditation efforts through data analysis, including editing/writing responses, and project planning for Southern Association for Colleges and Schools (SACSCOC).
- Supports the Office of Records as assigned by the Director for Data and Records.
- Completes other duties as assigned by the Director for Data and Records.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the college
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent work ethic and detail-oriented work practices
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Collaborative and collegial attitude
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn the College’s information system, Colleague
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical field, such as mathematics, educational research, statistics, psychology, computer science, accounting, or related field that has an emphasis on information management, research methodology, applied statistics, and/or computer science
- Experience in creating data queries to gather data. Experience with SQL and/or SAP Business Objects a plus
- Previous experience in institutional research is an advantage
Interested candidates should email a copy of their resume and a letter of interest to Rosella.Houston@millsaps.edu. No phone calls please.
Millsaps College is a selective institution of higher education located on 100 beautiful acres in the heart of Jackson, the capital of Mississippi — a progressive southern metropolitan city of nearly half a million. Millsaps is dedicated to academic excellence, open inquiry and free expression, the exploration of faith to inform vocation and the innovative shaping of the social, economic and cultural progress of the region. The college was founded in 1890 by members of the Methodist Church and is consistently ranked as one of the best values in higher education.
Millsaps has an enrollment of approximately 750 students and employs 80 full-time faculty members. The faculty/student ratio at Millsaps is 1:9, and the average class size is 14. Millsaps has graduated 25 Fulbright Award recipients, seven Rhodes Scholars, six Goldwater Scholars and two Truman Scholars. Millsaps is a member of the NCAA Division III and Southern Athletic Association and competes in 18 intercollegiate sports.
Millsaps College values diversity within our students, faculty and staff, and strives to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people. Millsaps College does not discriminate in employment on the bases of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and/or local laws.
All offers of employment will be contingent on successful completion of a background check and verification of employment. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Millsaps College provides a competitive benefits package.
It is the policy of Millsaps College to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities for employment. If you require any accommodations to participate in any part of the hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information about Millsaps College please visit Millsaps.edu