The Welcome Desk Coordinator is the first point of contact for guests visiting Millsaps’ administrative offices and the admission office. The position manages the main College phone line as well as the main admission phone line, manages the main admission email, maintains the main point of electronic contact with the admission office and coordinates with the Presidential Ambassadors to provide exceptional service to all campus visitors. The position reports to the Director of Admission and also provides support for the counseling team. The position helps to coordinate the schedules of admission guests, provides support for general office paperwork and performs other duties as directed by the Director of Admission.
- Answers the main College phone line as well as the admission office main phone line. Respond appropriately and transfers calls to the correct campus office or correct admission staff member.
- Manage the main admission email account. Respond appropriately and forward emails to the respective campus office or admission staff member.
- Welcome students, guest and visitors with a high level of customer service.
- Coordinates the execution of daily individual admission visits, to include:
- Maintaining campus visit requests, which requires the ability to work in the Slate CRM Events and Mailings modules.
- Creating campus visit schedules in a timely manner
- Contacting the appropriate members of the admission office and campus community to participate in the schedule for a visiting student and family
- Cheerfully greeting the guest and family as they arrive and making sure they are comfortable and welcomed.
- Ensuring the schedule for the day is maintained in a timely manner
- Maintains the hospitality area for guests (water, coffee, napkins, etc.) and stocks this area daily (or ensures a student worker keeps the hospitality area stocked).
- Assists the admission counselor in charge of student workers with the daily supervision of student worker tasks (front desk work, special projects, tour coverage, etc.)
- Assists the admission counselor in charge of Event planning with elements of planning for events (registration, nametags, required paperwork, phone calls, etc.)
- Maintains office supplies and equipment, reserve conference room upon request, collect and deliver department/division mail daily.
- Maintains student employee work records for Community Service work positions. Monitors and approves work hours and ensures accurate time keeping records for payroll purposes. Coordinate with community service partners on assigning student workers.
- Performs other tasks as directed by the Director of Admission and the VP for Enrollment.
A college degree is preferred, but not required. Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills are required. Experience and comfortability working in computer systems (email, Microsoft Office and CRM databases) is required.
Skills and Abilities
Ability to manage relationships with senior mangers, academic stakeholders, parents and students from various cultural backgrounds.
Ability to multi-task and remain calm under pressure.
Ability to accurately compose letters and other informational materials in a grammatically correct style.
Ability to take initiative and work with minima supervision
Exceptional attention to detail.
Work performed in the office will include long periods of sitting and use of a computer.
Applicants should submit a current resume, a letter of interest and three references who may be contacted about the candidate’s experience and past performance. Review of applications will begin on February 1 and continue until the position is filled. Materials should be submitted via email to email@example.com. Please write “Welcome Desk Coordinator” in the subject line of the email.
Millsaps College is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Millsaps College to offer equal educational and employment opportunities to all persons without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Eligibility for employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.