This position is responsible for the maintenance of all of the College Landscaping. Grounds Keepers must be able to lift, push, and operate necessary landscape maintenance equipment. The person in this position reports to the Deputy Director of Facilities Management and should have good communication skills, be able to follow directions, and be in good physical condition.
- Mowing, weeding, trimming, seeding and related duties in assigned areas.
- Assist with cleaning streets, parking lots, flower beds, grounds areas, etc.
- Assist with installation and maintenance of irrigation systems.
- Assist in chemical and fertilizer applications on turf, trees, and shrubs.
- Provide support and manpower as directed to other Facilities Management Departments.
- Some overtime will be required as directed.
- Cultivate collaborative working relationships and a positive rapport with the diverse constituencies across the Millsaps community, including Facilities Management personnel, housekeeping, students, faculty and staff.
- Communicate problem situations as required in the best interest of clients and Millsaps.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work flexible hours on a full time schedule, including some weekends.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- A valid driver's license is preferred.
- This position requires the incumbent to be medically capable of performing the following functions (but not limited to): back, leg and body motions in order to lift, sweep, mop, climb ladders, operate equipment, move furniture and supplies. Able to lift and maneuver heavy items. Intense physical activity.
Send resume, references, and salary requirements to:
Attn: Danny Neely
1701 N. State Street
Jackson, MS 39210
Millsaps College is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Millsaps College to offer equal educational and employment opportunities to all persons without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Eligibility for employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.