Student Life Office Manager
The Student Life Office Manager reports to the Dean of Students. This position provides support to the Dean of Students, Counseling Center, and the overall functions of the Office of Student Life. The Assistant is expected to maintain timely and accurate work in the office and assist the Dean of Students with administrating the Office of Student Life.
Student Life at Millsaps College focuses on student success through implementing innovative programs and services that promote co-curricular engagement and student personal and academic success. The successful candidate will be highly collaborative but will also have the skills needed to make decisions independently; has skills in assessment and evaluation; understands college student development; will bring new ideas to our units; and help advance our goals to enhance the student experience at Millsaps.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Student Life Operations
- Serve as the primary resource in Student Life for data management and projects utilizing the college's database of record (Colleague/Datatel) and other software. This includes:
- Managing residence hall assignments; including assigning students to residence hall rooms and fraternity houses;
- Apply charges and holds to student accounts;
- Apply meal plans to residential and commuter student accounts;
- Updating student organization information;
- Update membership rosters for fraternity and sorority chapters.
- Create housing assignments for all live-on staff; and
- Provide accurate occupancy and informational reports.
- Assist with the management of residence life keys and access codes.
- Respond to inquiries from students and families via phone and email;
- Prepare and disseminate written communication, including individual and mass correspondences;
- Update documents pertinent to Student Life (organizational charts, staff directories, etc.);
- Update the Major Facts Student Handbook annually and submit to the Office of Communication for posting on the website;
- Monitor and track all policy changes throughout the year that require inclusion in Major Facts;
- Coordinate the events managements and space reservation process for Student Life and registered student organizations;
- Provide support for the Student Life front desk;
- This includes staffing the front desk if needed, routing traffic, taking and responding to messages, and issue resolution;
- Coordinate project and communication plans with campus partners including Admissions and the Business Office.
- Other duties as assigned that are in support of the mission and goals of the college.
- Maintain the daily appointment calendar for the Counseling Center;
- Track counseling center staff hours in TimeClock Plus and process payment;
- Monitor counseling center budget;
- Manage the email accounts for Student Life and the counseling center;
- Assist the Dean of Students and the Director of Academic Advising and Student Support with the management of their daily appointment calendars.
- Develop meeting agendas for Student Life Staff meetings and other meetings;
- Attend the Board of Trustees Student Life Committee Meeting and provide minutes promptly to the President's Office;
- Maintain personnel files and prepare forms for human resources;
- Assist the Dean of Students in coordinating Student Life personnel searches;
- Make travel arrangements for the Dean of Students as needed;
- Review all Student Life budget accounts and report as needed;
- Coordinate purchase card usage among all Student Life staff members which includes: checking out purchase cards to student organization representatives and advisors, tracking receipts, and reconciling reports;
- Coordinate office supply orders;
- Maintain copy and printing supplies and tracking for Student Life;
- Approve and assign account numbers to all invoices and forward to Business Office for payment. Maintains records of all invoices;
- Monitor and maintain internal and external grievances file for College accreditation;
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Education and Experience
- Post-Secondary degree/certification preferred with two-years of related experience.
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong telecommunications etiquette and customer service skills.
- Ability to manage, organize, and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work in a diverse, inclusive, and dynamic office environment with frequent interruptions.
- Exercise sound judgement, maintain privacy, and protect confidential information.
- Must be proficient in:
- Microsoft Office and Office.com (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.);
- Data and mail merge projects;
- Business letter writing;
- Computer literate and proficient; must master college software programs including: Colleague/Datatel and WEBI.
- English grammar, spelling, and punctuation; and
- Basic mathematical principles.
Applicants should submit a current resume, a letter of interest and three references who may be contacted about the candidate's experience and past performance. Materials should be submitted via email to Demitrius Brown, at email@example.com. Please write "Office Manager" in the subject line of the email.
Millsaps College is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Millsaps College to offer equal educational and employment opportunities to all persons without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Eligibility for employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.