Gift Processing and Stewardship Specialist
Office of Institutional Advancement
The Gift Processing and Stewardship Specialist reports to the Associate Vice President of Development Operations and works closely with the Manager of Information Systems and Business Office staff to ensure efficiencies and quality in stewardship of gifts. As part of the Advancement Services team, the responsibilities of this job are central to the effectiveness of fund raising efforts at Millsaps College. This position is full-time equivalent and may, on occasion, require evening and weekend work.
- Process a minimum of $5,000,000 in gifts, securities, in-kind gifts, deferred gifts and pledges annually using Ellucian Datatel Colleague Advancement data systems.
- Daily process gifts and pledges including those made by check, via online and other credit cards, electronic fund transfer, payroll deduction, etc.
- Ensure proper documentation is provided and filed.
- Interface with Advancement Staff and Business Office to develop fund accounts as needed.
- Maintain accuracy of demographic and giving records for all donors.
- Produce and distribute all gift receipts.
- Facilitate gift acknowledgment process through Communications Module.
- Produce daily gift reports and submit gifts to the Business Office for deposit.
- Interact with donors as needed and assist them with questions regarding their gifts and / or pledges.
- Produce and distribute regular pledge reminders in cooperation with fundraising staff.
- Administer matching gift program including tracking, submitting, and filing forms.
- Produce regular and ad hoc gift reports including but not limited to:
- Daily gift reports to Advancement staff
- Monthly gift reports to Advancement staff and designation reports to college departments
- Account reconciliations as needed
- Campaign updates as needed
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of CASE (Council for Advancement and Support of Education) Management Reporting Standards, IRS substantiation regulations and FASB (Financial Accounting Standard Board) standards. Work closely with Advancement Staff to maintain proper procedures and ensure Millsaps is in compliance with standards.
- Develop and maintain gift processing operations and standards manual.
- Assist with donor recognition activities including production of annual Honor Roll of Donors by ensuring donors are placed and recognized in correct giving clubs and societies.
- Develop and maintain cooperative relationships with all Advancement Office staff to ensure timely processing and stewardship of pledges and gifts to Millsaps.
- Other duties as assigned by the Associate Vice President for Development Operations.
STRONG>KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Accounting, banking or financial background with customer service skills are complementary to this position.
- Experience with donor or customer databases OR ability to learn and apply skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office XP, particularly Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of general office practices and procedures.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong problem solving, organizational and time management skills with ability to handle concurrent tasks which are time sensitive.
- Proven accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment.
- Highly ethical with ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to maintain open working relationships and interact successfully with a broad sector of people in the internal and external community of Millsaps.
Send resume, references and salary requirements to:
Attn: Susan Womack
Campus Box 151191
1701 N. State Street
Jackson, MS 39210
Applicants may also submit the above requirement by email to Susan.Womack@millsaps.edu; No phone calls please. Eligibility for employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
Millsaps College is a selective, nationally ranked, privately supported liberal arts college founded by members of the Methodist Church in 1890. A member of the Associated Colleges of the South ACS and NITLE, Millsaps has an NCATE accredited education program and is one of only eight colleges in the nation with both a Phi Beta Kappa chapter and an AACSB accredited MBA program. The College occupies an attractive 100 acre residential campus in the heart of Jackson, the capital of the state and its political, financial, legal, medical, and cultural center. It is located across from a major medical center and several blocks from a state park and natural science museum. Millsaps College is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and minorities.