A A A print this page

Gateposts

GatepostsWhitworth and Sanders Hall sit adjacent to a historic campus landmark, the Millsaps gate posts. The brick and marble gate posts were constructed in 1941, funded by the senior classes of 1939, 1940, and 1941. The 12-foot high pillars, topped with electric lights, were originally placed on either side of the North State Street entrance to the campus. When this main entrance was closed in the late 1980's, the College chose to preserve the gate posts, which were placed at the pedestrian campus entrance in front of the Millsaps Founder's Tower.