Else School of Management
Else School of Management's MBA Recognized as Global Super MBA Program and One of the Top Tier Programs in North America
The Else School of Management offers undergraduate degree programs that lead to a B.B.A. degree with majors in accounting or in business administration, and a program that leads to B.A. or B.S. degrees with a major in economics.
The Else School also offers two graduate degrees: master of business administration (M.B.A.) and master of accountancy (M.Acc.).
- The M.B.A. degree may be completed in one year beyond the bachelor's degree for students who have completed the B.B.A. program at Millsaps or at any other AACSB International accredited institution, as well as for non-business students who complete the Major Plus program.
- The M.Acc. degree generally requires one additional year of study beyond the B.B.A. for students who have majored in accounting and wish to complete the educational requirements to take the CPA examination.
Additionally, the Else School offers an Executive MBA program for mid- to high-level managers or executives who are typically on track to advance into senior leadership.
The business programs offered by the Else School of Management at Millsaps College are accredited by AACSB International.
Read the Else School newsletter
"The Value of the MBA - in 3D"
from the Graduate Management Admission Council
The Else School of Management produces business leaders who also become community, national and world leaders. This mission is accomplished through teacher-scholars who provide students an academically rigorous business education strengthened by critical thinking, quantitative reasoning, ethical awareness, and communication skills. Quality of delivery is reflected through maintenance of AACSB accreditation. Leadership development is enhanced by international experiences, experiential learning opportunities, and individual attention to the student in and out of the classroom. The Else School serves the business community and the community at large through community service and executive education.
Promoting the academic objectives of the College through a general management perspective and advancement of professional accounting education
- Providing a student-centered, participative learning environment
- Maintaining and expanding partnerships between the College and the regional business community
- Creating diversity within the Else community and developing diverse perspectives from which to evaluate problems, issues, and challenges
- Attracting and retaining educators who are outstanding teachers, scholars, and writers
Although the Else School of Management at Millsaps formally came into being in 1979, its roots extend back to 1941 when the first Bachelor of Arts degree with a major in economics was awarded. In 1974, the Bachelor of Business Administration degree was added and with the organization of the School of Management in 1979, the curriculum was expanded to include a Master of Business Administration degree. The Master of Accountancy degree was added in 1994.
In addition to teaching, the faculty of the Else School is engaged in research and professional activities. Underscoring the importance of recruiting and maintaining a well-qualified faculty, the Else School has teaching and research chairs endowed by the H.F. McCarty, Jr family, Mr. and Mrs. J. Army Brown, Mr. and Mrs. Richard D. McRae, and the Kelly Gene Cook, Sr., Charitable Foundation. Further support from the faculty has come through grants from the Ernst & Young Foundation, KPMG / Peat Marwick, Merrill Lynch and Co., IBM Corporation, Digital Equipment Corporation, the W. E. Walker Foundation, the Mitchell Foundation, and the Robert M. Hearin Support Foundation.
Our accelerated business program gives you the opportunity to go from high school senior to M.B.A. graduate in just five life-changing years. To learn more, visit the Else School of Management.