A A A print this page

Student Account Information

Business Office


I - Billing Information

Student account information can be viewed online through your Major Access account.  Billing statements will be made available to you on-line and via mail approximately 45 days prior to the start of each semester.  Fall semester statements will be available the first week of July. Spring semester statements will be available mid-November. Please use the semester statements and refer to Payment Options to determine the best payment method for you.  Please review your statement carefully. If you have any questions regarding your billing statement, or if you make changes in your schedule or housing assignment, please contact the Business Office at (601) 974-1100. The following are items that should be considered when reviewing your statements each term.


  • HOUSING charges should be checked on the billing statement. If the hall indicated is not where you plan to live, please inform the Business Office immediately. A meal plan is required for all students living on campus.
    • Once a student takes possession of a dorm room, no refund of the room rate will be allowed. Refer to the Millsaps College Catalog.
  • FINANCIAL AID is based on assistance awarded to the student.
    • If your financial aid is based on full-time enrollment and/or living on campus, the charges on the billing statement must reflect the same. If they do not, your financial awards may be reduced or eliminated.
    • All loan applications should have been previously submitted to the Office of Financial Aid. Parent PLUS Loans and all non-federal loans, Alternative Loans, must be guaranteed as of registration date to be included as part of your payment.
    • All documents required by the Office of Financial Aid must be submitted in order for your financial awards to be finalized. Financial awards shown on pre-semester statements are subject to change or could be eliminated if you do not submit all required documentation as requested by the Office of Financial Aid. For more information on financial awards, visit the Office of Financial Aid.
  • REFUNDS OF CREDIT BALANCES: If requested, refunds will be issued 10 business days after the first day of class each term or after all financial awards and loan proceeds are received and posted to the student account.
  • REFUNDS RESULTING FROM WITHDRAWAL FROM SCHOOL: Room rent cannot be refunded after the semester has started. Unused amounts paid in advance for board are refundable. A student who withdraws with good reason from a course or courses will have seven days including the date of the first meeting of classes to receive a refund of 80 percent of tuition and fees; within two weeks, 60 percent; within three weeks, 40 percent; and within four weeks, 20 percent. If a student remains in the College as long as four weeks, no refund will be made except for board. Students receiving federal financial aid will be subject to the federal guidelines with respect to withdrawal. Please refer to the Executive MBA Catalog for refund information pertaining to that program.

    Return of Title IV (Federal) Funds When a Student Withdraws:
    Under the Higher Education Amendments of 1998, the amount of aid a student has earned for the enrollment period, is based on the length of time the student remains enrolled for that period. Therefore, the percentage of the enrollment period completed is also the percentage of aid the student has earned.  If a student withdraws on or before the 60% point of the enrollment period, the percentage of aid earned is equal to the percentage of time completed.  A student who remains enrolled beyond the 60% point of the enrollment period, has earned 100% of the aid for that period. (There would be no unearned aid.)

    Repayment of the Unearned Amount is calculated as follows:

    School will return:

    -- the lesser of the amount of unearned Title IV aid or unearned Institutional Charges

    Student will return:

    -- the unearned amount of Title IV Grants
    -- the student's and parent's unearned portion of federal loan proceeds will not be returned, but is to be repaid to the loan holders according to the terms of the borrower's promissory note.

    Return of funds due by the school and the student and/or parent are charged back to the student's account and returned to the applicable student aid programs.

    The Unearned Amount of Title IV aid must be returned to the applicable Title IV aid programs in the following order:
    Federal Unsubsidized Direct Loans (other than PLUS Loans)
    Federal Subsidized Direct Loans
    Federal Perkins Loans
    Federal PLUS Loans
    Direct PLUS  Loans Federal Pell Grants for which a return of funds is required.
    ACG Grants for which a return of funds is required.
    National SMART Grants for which a return of funds is required.
    Federal SEOG Grants for which a return of funds is required.
    Federal TEACH Grants for which a return of funds is required.
    Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant for which a return is required.
    Other Title IV aid

    -- Non-federal aid funds will be returned based on Institutional Refund Policy and returned in the following fund order: State, Institutional, then External funds.
    -- Examples of the application of the refund policy are available in the Business Office.  The information contained in this section is subject to change, without notice, in order to comply with federal, state, or College requirements.  A student may obtain a refund of any overpayment on his or her account by making a request in the Business Office.
    -- The date of withdrawal from which all claims to reductions and refunds will be referred is the date on which the coordinator of records is officially notified by the student of the intention to withdraw. (See regulations relative to withdrawals.)
    -- The College reserves the right to cancel the registration of any student at any time. In such a case, the pro rata portion of tuition will be returned. Students withdrawing or removed under disciplinary action forfeit the right to a refund.
    • BOOKSTORE VOUCHERS: Students with a credit balance shown on the pre-semester billing statement may request a bookstore voucher to be used in the Millsaps Bookstore to purchase textbooks and supplies. If you qualify and would like to request a voucher during registration, please go to the Business Office. Bookstore vouchers will not be issued prior to the beginning of each semester.

    II - Payment Options

    Payment arrangements must be made prior to the due date for each term. For detailed information on a plan, click on the payment plan name listed below.

    • Payment in Full: Fall payments are due by July 31 and spring payments are due by December 18.
    • Click Here for payment plan information 
    • Summer School: Payment in Full is required for all summer semesters at the time of registration.

    Online Credit Card Payment allows you to make a payment online using our secure website. Be sure to give the address and zip code for the credit card holder. This may be different from the home address.

    III - Required Documents and Forms

    All students are required to submit the following forms upon admission to Millsaps College. The information submitted will be held on file in the Business Office and referenced as needed. These forms will remain in effect until a written statement revising or rescinding the listed information is submitted to the Business Office. Students are required to update this information annually. For information on specific forms, please refer to Required Forms.

    IV - Higher Education Tax Benefits

    We know that higher education is an investment - in time, energy and money.  Thankfully, there are ways to offset your education expenses through tax credits, deductions and savings plans. The Federal Higher Education Tax Benefits Guide zeroes in on the basic qualifications for higher education related tax benefits. It is recommended that you consult a professional tax advisor or the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) at 1-800-829-1040 with any questions you may have. Visit the IRS website at www.irs.gov for relevant publications, forms, instructions and tax tips.

    The Taxpayers Relief Act requires Millsaps College to file a form 1098-T, Tuition Statement, with the IRS and to provide a copy to each student. It is recommended that all taxpayers consult with their tax advisor, as each individual's tax situation is different. For additional information, refer to the IRS Publication 970, Tax Benefits for Higher Education.

    Form 1098-T Tuition Statements will be mailed on January 31 each year. Currently enrolled students may access their 1098-T Statements by logging on to Major Access.

    V - MAJOR BUCKS Debit Card

    We are excited to provide a student debit card for use on Millsaps' campus. See Major Bucks for detailed information.

    It is our goal to assist you in any way we can. If you have questions concerning your student account, please contact the Business Office at 601-974-1100 or 1-800-352-1050 ext. 1100.