- Escort wheelchair residents to therapies
- Help with residents' meals
- Visit, read, deliver magazines, write letters for residents
- Deliver mail and newspapers for residents and staff
- Design and contribute personalized birthday and holiday cards for residents
- Celebrate birthdays with residents
- Perform all kinds of clerical tasks for various departments
- Assist with/Develop various activities
- Act as host/hostess for social happenings at Care Center
- Decorate for special events/holidays
- Many large and small personal, loving acts each day
- Answer phones/call lights at nurses station
Transportation is required; work site is 4.6 miles from campus. As an integral component of Methodist Specialty Care Center, the Volunteer Services Program purpose is to provide an efficient and humanistic volunteer staff, which offers an extra dimension of care and services to residents, family and visitors, and support services for the staff.
- To promote, within the institution and our community, the center's innovative and progressive leadership in health care.
- To advocate for residents and visitors by personalizing their experience, and easing their access to programs and facilities.
- To assist staff in best meeting the physical and emotional needs of our residents and their families.
Volunteering at Methodist Specialty Care Center demands great dedication and responsibility. Volunteers are expected to adhere to the professional code of ethics practiced by our employees.
All information about a resident, or that gained from a resident, is confidential and must be respected by all volunteers. Volunteers are expected to be courteous and to cooperate at all times with employees of the Center. Volunteers are here to serve the residents and to assist the Center so that it may operate more efficiently.
Salary $10 per hour
Job Location Flowood, MS