A A A print this page

Military Aid Programs


Military, we welcome you to Millsaps College! The Office of Records is the primary contact for military education benefits. Please review this website, its links, and let us know if you have any questions.


  • Educational benefits for military veterans who have served since September 11, 2001, can be found here:
    • Chapter 33: Post 9/11 G.I. Bill
    • Yellow Ribbon
    • Chapter 1606: Montgomery G.I. Bill - Selected Reserve
    • Chapter 30: Montgomery G.I. Bill - Active Duty/Discharged
    • Chapter 1607: Reserve Education Assistance Program (REAP)
  • Benefits for Survivors and Dependents
    • Chapter 35: Dependents Education Assistance
  • Veterans Vocational Rehabilitation
    • Chapter 31: Vocational Rehabilitation
  • Department of Defense Federal Tuition Assistance Programs
  • Military Scholarships
  • National Guard Educational Assistance
  • Other


How to Apply:

Veterans wanting to wanting to use their VA educational benefits for the first time should apply online at http://vabenefits.vba.va.gov/vonapp/main.asp and complete a Form 22-1990, Application for Educational Benefits, to receive a Certificate of Eligibility.

If educational benefits have previously been used, complete a Form 22-1995, Change of Program of Place of Training, online at http://http://vabenefits.vba.va.gov/vonapp/main.asp to receive a Certificate of Eligibility.

Submit the following items to the Millsaps College Office of Records:

  • Copy of submitted 22-1990 or 22-1995
  • Certificate of Eligibility
  • Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD-214)
  • A printed out copy of the VA Application


Additional Assistance

For additional assistance regarding VA educational benefits, please contact the Veteran's Administration at 1-888-442-4551 or http://benefits.va.gov. The VA Representative at Millsaps College, Vicki Stuart, may be contacted at (601)-974-1125 or at stuarv@millsaps.edu. Assistance is given to veterans and dependents of eligible veterans to enable them to derive the maximum benefit from their veterans' educational entitlement. For additional information, contact:

Millsaps College - Office of Records
1701 N. State Street
Campus Box 150436
Jackson, MS 39210-0001
Office: Academic Complex, Room 142
Records Office Phone: (601) -974-1120
Fax: (601)-974-1114     Other

Important External Links


Important Millsaps Links


Policies Specific to Service Member Students

  • Readmit: Millsaps allows service members and reservists to be readmitted to a program if they are temporarily unavailable to attend class or have to suspend their studies due to service requirements. This is also applicable to those service members that are temporarily unable to attend class for less than 30 days within a semester due to a Military service obligation when such absence results in a withdrawal under institution policies. The readmission application can be found here.



  • The designated person to serve as the point of contact for service members at Millsaps College is Vicki Stuart. She may be contacted via phone at 601-974-1125, via email at stuarv@millsaps.edu, or in the AC 142. If service member students have other questions, please see contacts below.
    • For academic advising, please see Janet Langley, Director of Academic Services.
    • For financial advising, please see Patrick James, Director of Financial Aid.
    • For disability counseling, please see Patrick Cooper in Student Life.
    • For help with job search, please see Tonya Nations in the Career Center.
    • For student support services, please see Dean of Students, Dr. Katz.
      • Email: katzrb@millsaps.edu
      • Phone: 601-974-1206
      • Office: Boyd 334