A A A print this page

Graduate Financial Aid

EMBA, MBA, and MACC Financial Aid Information

There are several sources of assistance for graduate students. All awards from Millsaps College are made after acceptance to the program. 

For more information on graduate aid and programs, visit the Else School of Management Graduate School. That site includes information on graduate scholarships, assistantships, and tuition reimbursements.

Employer Assistance
Many companies will reimburse tuition in whole or in part to an employee who successfully completes courses that bear a relationship to his/her job. Contact your personnel or employee training office to learn your company's policy.

Federal Direct Loans
Any graduate student who is enrolled for six or more semester hours during a term is eligible to apply for Federal Direct Loans. These loans require submission of a FAFSA and have both annual and lifetime aggregate limits.  They may include unsubsidized loans and graduate PLUS loans.

Student Alternative Loans
To fill the gap between financial aid and cost of attendance, graduate students may pursue Alternative Loan Funding.

Annual Application Process for Scholarships and Loans

Annual applications are required for processing of graduate scholarships and/or loans at Millsaps. The standard application below is used for fall and spring academic terms. Winter session and Summer term scholarships and loans require separate applications available from the Office of Financial Aid. The Financial Aid application process includes the following steps:

  • Complete Admission credentials. Financial aid awards will be made only to students who have been accepted for admission.
  • Complete the appropriate application for Graduate Financial Aid with accurate projections of hours. Submit the 2016-17 Application for Graduate Scholarships and Federal Direct Loans for fall 2016 and spring 2017 terms. Contact the Office of Financial Aid to request applications for winter session or summer terms. 
  • File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at http://www.fafsa.gov/This is required only for Federal Direct Loans. Submit the 2016-2017 FAFSA to apply for aid for academic terms from fall 2016 through summer 2017. Students may request an FSA ID at https://fsaid.ed.gov to use as an electronic signature on the FAFSA.
  • Complete a Master Promissory Note for Federal Direct Loan. Complete the Master Promissory Note at http://www.studentloans.gov if you did not have a loan at Millsaps during the prior academic year. Unsubsidized loans and graduate PLUS loans require separate Master Promissory Notes.
  • Complete online entrance counseling for Federal Direct Loan. Complete online entrance counseling at http://www.studentloans.gov if you have not previously received a Direct Loan at Millsaps College.