Here you can find instructions on Millsaps College telecommunications systems. This includes dialing using the NEC sets and voicemail. Should the documentation not help you, you can always contact the Helpdesk for assistance.
- Location: Academic Complex 105
- Phone: 601-974-1144
- Email: email@example.com
- Hours of Operation: Monday - Thursday, 8:00 am - 6:30 pm; Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
The Helpdesk is also the place to call to have your extension moved, your display name changed, or your voicemail reset. We are here to help!
Phone Instructions - This PDF is intended to help you understand the basic features of your phone, including how to access voicemail. If you have any questions about these features, or are having a problem, you can always contact the Helpdesk.
For your reference, the following instructions detail how to call various phone numbers from on-campus, as well as indicate some useful resources for assistance.
- Emergency calls - dial 1234, or 601-974-1234
- Campus calls - Dial the last 4 digits of the phone number you wish to call
- Directory Assistance - Dial 9 + 1-800-FREE-411
- Local calls - Dial 9 + the area code (601) + the seven digit phone number
- Toll free calls - Dial 9 + 1 + the toll free number. (Toll free numbers begin with 800, 888, 877, 866, 855)
- Long distance calls (faculty and staff only) - Dial 8 + 1 + 10 digit phone number
- International calls (faculty and staff only) - Dial 8 + 011 + country code and the number
- Collect Calls - Use a collect service such as AT&T (9 + 1-800-CALLATT)
- Calling Card Calls - Follow the instructions on the back of the card