Office of Records
The mission of the Office of Records at Millsaps College is to assist with the administration of academic programs, and to serve as a liaison with the faculty and as a service office for students. The Office of Records coordinates academic activities including but not limited to course registration, creation, and maintenance; protection of academic records; certification of students for continued enrollment and for graduation; and official transcripts. The Office maintains, interprets, and monitors academic policy and communicates procedures to the faculty, students, and the college's other constituents.
Responsibilities of the Office of Records at Millsaps College include:
- management of the student and course information files
- core audits as support for academic advisors
- degree audits as support for academic advisors
- transfer transcript evaluations for admitted students
- transcript production
- enrollment verification
- insurance/good student verifications
- certification of students eligible for Veteran's benefits
- academic room assignments
- academic class schedule production
- exam schedule production
- various reports for institutional research needs
- diploma and cap/gown orders
- academic record maintenance
- record retention program for academic information
The Office of Records is located on the first floor of the Academic Complex. Office hours are 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. For more information please contact us by phone at (601) 974- 1120, fax (601) 974-1114, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.If you have a specific question or request, please see our staff contact information below.
Millsaps College - Office of Records
1701 North State Street - Campus Box 150436
Jackson, MS 39210-0001
Office of Records Staff
Elizabeth Giddens, Registrar
Direct phone: 601-974-1123
- Provide updates to Department Chairs and students regarding deadlines as they relate to Office of Records procedures
- Internal Reports and External Reports
- Degree Audit
- College Catalog
- Academic Policies
- Committee Representative for the Office of Records
- Domestic Exchange Programs
- Exam Schedule
- Orientation for new students as it relates to Office of Records
- Train college on FERPA
- Process change of grade forms
- Assess classrooms
- Verify final grades and coordinate input of midterm grades
- For the full job description of the Registrar, see here.
Kathie Adams, Assistant Registrar
Direct phone: 601-974-1124
- Review transfer credit, working with both Admissions and the Office of International Education
- Course Offering by Term
- Non-Degree Student Processing
- Voluntary Withdrawals, Medical Withdrawals, Leave of Absences, and Change of Plans
- Assist Honors Director, teaching fellows, and continuing education office with data entry and process creation
- For the full job description of the Assistant Registrar, see here.
Vicki Stuart, Coordinator of Academic Records
Direct phone: 601-974-1125
- Audit student files, and coordinate the application of the Office of Record’s record retention policy.
- Work with admissions to create a student’s initial file.
- Serve as the College’s School Certifying Official for Veteran's Administration
- Responsible for core/degree/graduation audits (including applications for graduation) and communicating audits with seniors and department chairs
- Declare major, minor, and advisor
- Communicate with Writing Center regarding Writing Proficiency
- Communicate with Department Chairs regarding Core 10 and Comprehensive Exam
- Produce exemption list for seniors prior to final exams for the term
- Work with post office and other offices as assigned to verify enrollment information
- For the full job description of the Coordinator of Academic Records, see here.
Patricia Martin, Records Specialist/Transcript Clerk
Direct phone: 601-974-1121
- Serve as office receptionist
- Process unofficial and official transcripts, enrollment-certification, letters of good standing, and degree-verification requests.
- Process name changes and change of address for current students.
- Review AP scores for credit by examination
- Input student’s FERPA preferences
- Office Inventory
- Office Budget
- For the full job description of the Records Specialist/Transcript Clerk, see here.