Getting a Transcript
Office of Records
Millsaps College holds transcripts from the following institutions:
- Millsaps College (1890-current)
- Wood College (a college in existence from 1886-2003)
- Grenada College (a college in existence from 1882-1950)
- Whitworth College (a college in existence from 1858-1928) - also maintained at Lincoln County Public Library
TO OBTAIN AN OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT IN ELECTRONIC PDF, FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS:
To request a transcript from Millsaps College or Wood College in PDF, click here. Millsaps partners with a company called Parchment to offer this service. The price for an electronic transcript is $10. The service can accommodate attachments. If you are a first time requestor of a Millsaps or Wood electronic official transcript, you will be required to set up a username and a password. Please follow all instructions at the website linked above.
TO OBTAIN AN OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT IN PAPER, FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS:
To request an official transcript in paper from Millsaps College, follow these two steps:
- Click here. Please fill out the form in its entirety. You can mail (campus box 150436), fax (601-974-1114), or scan/take a picture of and then email us (email@example.com) the form. You can also bring it to us in person (Academic Complex, room 142). If you are currently enrolled, please note on the form if current semester grades or degree completion should be included on your transcript prior to its release.
- Once the form is filled out you can make your payment in cash or check, or you can pay online here (there is a $1 service fee for online payment). The cost is $10 per copy. Please note that all financial obligations to the college must be cleared prior to receiving an official transcript.
To request an official transcript in paper from Wood College, follow these two steps:
- Click here. Please fill out the form in its entirety. You can mail (campus box 150436), fax (601-974-1114), or scan/take a picture of and then email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) the form. You can also bring it to us in person (Academic Complex, room 142).
- Once the form is filled out you can make your payment in cash or check, or you can pay online here (there is a $1 service fee for online payment). The cost is $10 per copy.
To request an official transcript in paper from Whitworth College or Grenada College, please call us at 601-974-1120.
Other rules when obtaining an official transcript in paper from any institution:
- For each destination in which you wish to have a paper official transcript sent, there must be one transcript request form filled out and turned in.
- We do not accept electronic signatures on the paper request forms. Your signature must be handwritten.
- A picture identification should be presented if you plan to pick up a previously requested transcript in the office.
- If you plan on having someone else pick up the transcript for you, please fill out this release of records form.
- We will not fax transcripts to individuals. We can fax them to other institutions for $10 per transcript.
- Transcripts are released only with a written request by the student. This is in accordance with federal law.
- Processing time is normally 24-72 working hours. It may take longer if we are experiencing heavy volume during times such as registration and graduation.
- We accept credit cards, debit cards, check, money order, or cash. In accordance with law, we do not take payment over the phone.
- If you want expedited shipping within the US or international shipping, you may use FedEx. See instructions here.
- Students who graduated with their undergraduate degree from Millsaps College do not have to pay the $10 fee if they are applying to graduate school at Millsaps College.
- Current faculty and staff who attended Millsaps College do not have to pay the $10 fee.
- All financial obligations to the college must be cleared prior to receiving an official transcript.
TO OBTAIN AN UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT, FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS:
Unofficial transcripts are only available for Millsaps College alumni. Unofficial transcripts are free of charge and are printed on standard white paper with an unofficial stamp across each page. Unofficial transcripts can be faxed, mailed, emailed, or picked up in person with a photo ID. You must submit your request in writing with a signature; see request form here. Current students can access their unofficial transcript on Major Access.
FAQS ABOUT CURRICULUM ON TRANSCRIPTS
- What is IDST 1000/IDST 1050/LBST 1000/LS 1000? See letter from the Director of Writing and Teaching here.
- What is IDST 1118 and IDST 1128? See letter from the Director of the Heritage Program here.
- What are IDST courses? IDST stands for Interdisciplinary Studies. Many IDST courses were special topics during a particular section of a particular semester. Topics were in the Humanities (Ancient World, Pre-Modern World, Modern World, Contemporary World, Fine Arts, History, Literature, Philosophy, and Religion), Social/Behavioral Science, Natural Science, Mathematics, and Computer Science. For a course description of a particular IDST course during a particular semester, please contact the Office of Records at the information below.
- What is FYCS/FYCSFA/FYCSOC/FYCSTEM 1010? See letter from the Ventures Coordinator here.
- What is FYCS/FYCSFA 1020? See letter from the Connections Coordinator here.
- What is TRCS 1050? See letter from the Discovery Coordinator/Director of Writing and Teaching here.
- What is FYHH 1010 and FYHH 1020? See letter from the Our Human Heritage Coordinator here.
The Office of Records is located on the first floor of the Academic Complex in room 142. Office hours are 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. For more information please contact us by phone at (601) 974- 1120, fax (601) 974-1114, or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Millsaps College - Office of Records
1701 North State Street - Campus Box 150436
Jackson, MS 39210-0001