Organized soon after the town of Woodville was incorporated in 1811, Woodville is the oldest Methodist Church building in Mississippi, and possibly in surrounding states. Built in 1824 the sanctuary has been remodeled and is in excellent condition. Four sessions of early annual conferences were held here - in 1831, 1835, 1843, and 1858. Woodville is still a very active church, sitting only blocks from the center of town and not far from the Baptist church which is similarly important and still active.
Source: Jenkins, William L. Mississippi United Methodist Churches: Two Hundred Years of Heritage and Hope. Franklin, Tennessee: Providence House. 1998. (Copies of this title are available at the J. B. Can Archives.)